• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ROG may need replaced!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
I bought the full package for 3 years from BB and it was sent off. Got a message that it may need replaced.

That was an expensive tool and if they cannot find the same model in the same condition what are my options? I say it should be based on the product I got the protection plan on and if they cannot find the same then they need to match something that is current at the save value when purchased.

Moved to Laptops from GD...

A comparable model or better. What that would be, no idea. Id imagine their warranty page tells you...or wprst case, Theyll let you know. ;)

Moved to Laptops from GD...

A comparable model or better. What that would be, no idea. Id imagine their warranty page tells you...or wprst case, Theyll let you know. ;)

They claim they may need to replace it and if they cannot they may opt give me a gift card for the current value of the laptop!

Replaced is fine as long as it is equivalent with the same screen size. I pray this works out for me, I really cannot afford to buy an equivalent laptop with the current value of my ROG. I want it replaced with an equivalent unit.

The page tole me about the gift card.

08/14/2018 11:20 a.m.We're assessing your repair. We may need to replace your device.
08/14/2018 11:19 a.m.Your device has been assigned to an Agent.
08/10/2018 08:59 a.m.Your device is in our queue and will be assigned to an Agent soon.
08/08/2018 09:30 a.m.An Agent is diagnosing your repair.
08/08/2018 09:30 a.m.Your device will be assigned to an Agent soon.
08/08/2018 09:29 a.m.We've ordered a part we need to complete your repair.
08/08/2018 09:29 a.m.We've determined that a part inside of your device needs to be replaced.
08/08/2018 08:09 a.m.We've assigned your device to a team of Agents.
08/08/2018 08:09 a.m.Your device is being unboxed and prepared in the staging area.
08/08/2018 07:45 a.m.We've received your repair at our service center.
08/03/2018 07:17 p.m.We've shipped your device to our service center. Your tracking number is:

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends on how the warranty is setup, but years ago when I had a BB warranty on some klipsch speakers that died I was given a gift card for the amount of the purchase (minus the extra for the warranty). My hope and guess is that is what they will do with you.

It really depends on how the warranty is setup, but years ago when I had a BB warranty on some klipsch speakers that died I was given a gift card for the amount of the purchase (minus the extra for the warranty). My hope and guess is that is what they will do with you.

Hope so because if they do what they have listed on their site and give me current value.

I have needs, I use it for work. I need the 17 inch display, I need true quad core, I need the GPU (965 in it) that is in it or better and I need over 8 GB of memory.

Storage is a non issue, sound is a non issue, fancy lighted keyboard and bells and whistles are not needed either.

UPDATE: scrapped out.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice laptop. Glad they got it sorted out for you.

Yeah I was not messed over, it is more than I need. Still it will be a little faster, but I only play RTS and Minecraft with the kids.

Still it is better than not enough PC. Renders and simulations can choke weaker systems.

Wait... so asus fave you a bb card?

No, BB gave me the BB card because I had the Geek Squad protection. I always get it on certian devices that cost over a given amount.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Not really an upgrade that I will see. If I were a gamer then yes it would be an upgrade but this machine (like the last one) is for work. Honestly the i5 nitro is powerful enough but I needed a large monitor.

Ok, so, good on Best Buy, not ASUS like I had originally said?

Yeah this was BB. They are going to have the unit sent back to the store and I am getting the HDD out of it.

I may just smash the drive but they cannot reuse it. It has some things on it that are awaiting copyrights.

Picked up the replacement yesterday afternoon, now a few days of updating... zzzzzzzzzzzz

ASUS has a pretty clean install and I am going to do a review on it so that is unethical! But... it came with... McAfee! SO it had to GO!

Back