• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ROG may need replaced!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, I didn't know you were doing a review on it. Looking forward to it. Curious as to why removing McAfee is "ethical" but a clean install is not?

Lol, I didn't know you were doing a review on it. Looking forward to it. Curious as to why removing McAfee is "ethical" but a clean install is not?

Keeping the PC in as close to stock (what it is when bought new) is the only way to truly gauge the performance for those that may buy one. Hey there are things one can do to dramatically increase the benchmark numbers that are totally legit.

I would hate to write a review with a system that I setup and post the benches because that would not be reviewing this laptop, it would be a hardware review. McAfee is pay to play-ware and it is not necessary when MS Security essentials does just fine.

I will not tweak a system for benchmark runs when it is not something that comes with the computer. A video card, motherboard or CPU? Hell yeah, but not a full system.

EDIT (I was not home for the last reply): I will do some tweaking but that will not be what the review covers, for the most part. I will definitely use the tools provided and go into BIOS and I will see if we can find some tweaks for work.

Last edited:
Back