• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird problem with boot ASRock G31m-s s-775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tzitzikas

Registered
Hi. I just built a system with ASRock G31m-s motherboard ( https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G31M-S/#Manual ) which I bought with 2X2gb ddr2 800mhz ram modules, as used. I had the other hardware (graphic card NVidia GeForce 210 1GB, core 2 quad Q6600 G0 prossesor, case, ssd crucial bx500 240gb, dvd-rw, cooler artict 7 pro ver. 2.0, psu seasonic 520w (new), pci usb 2.0 hub card, HDD seagate 320GB). I installed windows 10 home OS in ssd disk.
The problem is that when I push the power-on button of the case, the system don't post the first time. Only the green power led is on (the ssd red led is not lighting). If then I push the reset button of the pc case, then the pc boots normally every time (or if I push the power button constantly some seconds to close the power, and then push the power-on button again, the system boots normally). Do you have any idea about this problem and how I would resolve it? I tried to down the ram frequency form 800 Mhz to 667Mhz in bios, but no positive result.
At page 19 (manual):
default is short pin1-pin2.
copy/paste from manual:
"Note: If you want to overclock the FSB800-CPU (e.g. Cel400, E1000, E2000, E4000,
E5000, E6000 series CPU) to FSB1066 on this motherboard, you need to adjust
the jumpers. Please short pin2, pin3 for OC800 jumper. Otherwise, the CPU may
not work properly on this motherboard
. Please refer to below jumper setting"
So, for Q6600 cpu i may short pin 2-pin 3? Or not?

p.s. ? I had the same problem (sometimes, not so often) with the previous ASRock motherboard (ConRoeXFire-eSATA2)

Thank you in advance!

Same problem with 2 different boards now tells me it ain't the board.
Suggest testing the ram.

forcore 2 quad Q6600 G0 processor (FSB 1066Mhz), may have I shorted pin1-pin2 or pin2-pin3 in motherboard? (page 19 in manual). Do anyone know for sure?

the problem was the oc800 jumper. short pin2-3 and everything ok! thank you very much!!!!

Back