• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wckbones

Thought I'd share my results with ya'all since I mainly used these forums to research my wc build. I have a 980x and 2x gtx480 which have fans that are screamers. :bang head

For the wc parts I mainly went with Koolance cuz many other places were outta stock and I wanted to get it all at once. My main motivation was quiet, which I achieved thank you all very much, especially you cosmos 1000 modders. :thup: I did have to mod top of my case by cutting a hole for the 120.3 rad but that was it. I wanted everything inside the case too.

rp-1000bk res/pump
120.3 & 120.1 rad
koolance cpu and gpu blocks

HPIM1093.jpg

HPIM1100.jpg

HPIM1099.jpg

HPIM1096.jpg

One of my biggest questions was what would my overall temps be since there's always variables and the cosmos 1000, while sexy, doesnt have the best cooling.

cpu oc 4.2
gpu's stock

Room temp is 22C
Idle temp is 35C
Load temp is 60C

So well within specs, and best of all... quiet :salute:

Last edited:
Yes, a 120.3 and a 120.1, both inside the case with scythe gentle typhoons at 1400rpm.

Yeah, I shoulda clarified that my high temp was playing bc2.

At 15 minutes:
Clipboard02.jpg

And at 30 minutes:
Clipboard03.jpg

It leveled off around 80C. Not too bad. On the warmer side, but I'm not trying to break cooling records :rock:

Last edited:
Thanks! I was very curious because I wrote the DT heatload thing. I see your GPU temps are still slowly climbing so in turn so will your CPU temps. Under normal gameplay they should be just fine. I'll just toss a number out, your prolly making 20% more heat than normal gaming usage usage running both synthetic loads at the same time.

Those 480's are really really hot. Speedwise too!

Thank you very much!

No problem. I read your DT heatload thread and was a little apprehensive to only use a 120.3 and 120.1 rad for the number of watts I had to dissipate. Especially since i was mounting them inside the cosmos which doesnt have the best airflow. In addition, I left the plastic on the top of the case intact so the air has to get directed out the "louvers" in the back. I was considering cutting out the top and putting a mesh screen in but am happy for now.

I wanted to share "real world" usage temps with this setup since most posting here tends towards lowest temps while my goal was quiet. I'm sure with higher speed (louder) fans and better case airflow the temps would be better.

Back