• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh yea the chimp challenge is coming up, i should probably check in on it lol seeing as how its supposed to cool down here

If anyone is interested, the Chimp Challenge is going to be starting soon. I have all my servers running this and have put all my projects on hold until this is done. Join me flinging some poo!

it should be cool enough here il switch my server over and switch my little llano over as well. only 20k ish combined ppd lol. thanks for the heads up!

Fiber cables, velcro "zip ties", and the face plate for the R710 arrived today.

cables_arrived.JPG

velcro_zipties.JPG

faceplate_arrived.JPG

I have a card on the way, should be here shortly. Thanks though.

Yes, the plate is new. That poster was a spammer that I banned who is now in the meat shredder.

RAID card for the R510 arrived today. Same that is in Ruby at the moment: LSI 8708EM2. The plan is to move the M1015 into the file server so that both 8708EM2 cards are in the Dell servers.

r510_8708em2.JPG

No fun toys today, just the faceplate for the R510.

r510_faceplate_arrive.JPG

r510_faceplate_installed.JPG

The rack will look better when the next two packages arrive. ;)

Are you hosting your own web server?
There are actually a few web servers. Icinga runs one for monitoring and Ruby is running one for internal installation media (CentOS mirror), but all of these are only accessible on the internal network. There are no external services offered.

And here we go again, teasers!
Well, yeah, I can't just give everything anyway. No fun in that. The fiber cards and cables should give one away right away, though.

Yes and no. The latter is much cooler than a NeatCable.

Back