• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cel-M 1.3Ghz vs P4 3Ghz vs Sempron 3000+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Read carefully, it is a celeron-m, not a celeron.

Are there any performance tables available online, which include mobile CPUs?

niteshs said:
Read carefully, it is a celeron-m, not a celeron.

Are there any performance tables available online, which include mobile CPUs?

It doesn't matter. At max that celeron has a max of 1mb cache and a 3.0ghz p4 will have 1mb cache. It is double the speed, the p4 wins.

well, a 1.6 m is supposed to be in the neighborhood of a 2.6pIV. I would guess the 1.6 celly m is around a 2.6 celly. No match for a 3.0 PIV or a Sempron 3000+. If it's deciding a laptop buy you might be able to pick up a 1.6 400fsb pentium m to replace that celly. If it's a 915 chipset then you can do the pin mod to make the 1.6 m a 2.13 533fsb chip. Now that would be a match for a 3.0 PIV :D.

J.

J.

lincolnompa said:
I thought the whole "1.6 is actually a 2.6" applied to only Pentium M's?

actually going from a pentium-m to a celeron-m only has a difference of 1 MB cache... which is like going from a dothan to bianas chip w/less speedstep features. So thus...

Celerons M's are more poweful than celeron d's MORESO THAN EVEN pentium-m's are to p4's

pentium-m speed * 1.5 to 1.75 = equivilant pentium 4 speed
celeron-m speed * 1.3 to 1.5 = equivilant pentium 4 speed
celeron-d speed / 1.5 = equivilant pentium 4 speed
celeron-m speed * 1.95 to 2.25 = equivilant celeron d speed

those numbers might be alittle biased against the celeron D but I assure you it is only because of my attatude toward this processor which to say the least involved pain and suffering... :p :bang head :rolleyes:
I have never actually had a prescott celeron and I plan to never own one... it is totally based off of the willimatte and northy celerons but the celeron D should follow similar performance to it's older versions.

Back