• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More cooling build :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

well it time for some more cooling even though i don't really need it. i'm horrible with money and have some extra so why not.

also i absolutely despise compression fitting prices i will be buying some to try them out and see just how worth it they are.

i will also be getting a third MCR320 and another set of high speed yate loons push pull. instead of going with 2 loops i plan to join it all together and make 1 giant loop.

loop order as i see it right now,

Tline>pump1>pump2>rad1>rad2>rad3>cpu>gpu>repeat.

i will also be testing out one of cadman420 blocks as he so kindly is letting me try it out. i only have 2 chips to try it out with but a q6600 and p4 3.0 should be enough to give it a go.

unless something comes up from now until i order (in a few days) this should go through.

parts:
sidewinders.jpg

jabtech.jpg

sounds like a plan?

yup, i swear by them, just like barbs, they do the same thing at a great price. compression fittings are like feser or thermochill rads. sure there better but at what cost.

EDIT: sidewinders is out of stock on the compression fittings, arg. well see what they say.

ordered from jabtech and waiting to hear from sidewinders.

Last edited:
you know what i hate.
when you forget its a pic and you go to click on the links expecting it to direct you somewhere . then you smack your forhead because you realize its a pic you where clicking not a web page url

Personally, i would arrange things differently.

At the very least, put the radiators in paralel instead of in series, you can gain a quite a bit that way.

What i'd probably do (keep in mind please that my water cooling experience involves cars, not computers!) is Tline(i'd use a res, if you're spending the money on compression fittings why cheap out here?)>pump1>rad1>CPU>rad2>rad3>pump2>gpu>etc.
To me it seems like the third radiator in a row wouldn't be doing much unless there was a huge amount of flow, which seems unlikely with 3/8" bits in there. Spacing them out seems like it'd work better. Same with the pumps, too.
I could be way out in left field though, it's entirely possible.

I'd still use a res.

personally i think spawns order is better. i do not recommend parallel in almost any build with few exceptions.
consider making a HARD Tline like semi res out of PVC piping . i have a few designs i use that are outstanding because hte more rad you add to a loop the more potential air coming out and you will want the ability to feed it quickly. and you can do it and add only 3 inches of tubing and the piping

i guess i should have put a note in there about the 3/8" stuff. i was told that the block i am getting from cadman420 is 3/8" so i only need a small amount of tubing in 3/8 and the adaptors.

once i am done testing it out i plan to stick with 7/16" tubing.

ya bleeding this beast won't be the best haha, never thought of that. i can still order a res once i order from sidewinders.

because as a general rule and through a LOT of real world testing on not only my part but 3 other people that design for ******* , we have all very conclusive evidence that it doesnt work without a LOT of work and it has to be on a larger scale to control.

have you ever set up a parallel loop before . i would like to see pics and screenshots.

because unless you can keep the parallel paths equal you will have uneven flow.

eg, splitting your loop to go from the rad to your cpu and gpu with a Y then back. say your using a restrictive block like the koolance 350 then you gpu would get most of the flow.

in my opinion the only time for parallel is swiftech stackable rads, and full coverage gpu blocks that use a metal connector for the blocks, like in this picture (http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/hondacity25/hondaa.jpg)

other then that i see no reason for parallel.

i have droped the t line and gone for a swiftech microres v2. i would love the ek spin res but it's far to costly.

changing to the res saved me a dollar :)

Wasn't trying to attack you, i was just curious, and i told y'all right up front that i didn't have any experience.

this is the plan,

planc.jpg

but i may attach them into 1 big rad, like the nova 1080, but not sure where i could put that one. i still have to think that out but it will end up somewhere on the case :)

thermaltake amour plus, but there is no room for even 1 triple in there without some medium to heavy modding.

going to most likely add the third rad like in the pic above. in between the other 2.

man, i just thought about it, my case is gonna be sooooo freaking heavy.

you aren't kidding. I would like to note for you, that the block that I have sent you has a high flow rate. You won't have to worry about restriction.

Back