• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More cooling build :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
new toy! will now start to braze my homemade block.

img0292r.jpg

Like a pyro on christmas day.... Block looks good BTW. also like the back ground shot of the OC forums, LOL

be carefull or soon you will want to start learning how to make perfect bends on copper tubing so you can make a fixed system.

lol, i will one day, i have access to benders from work, but it would take to long. i also want to get a show piece case and system first then start doing all that.

haha you could put it that way bobby:)

wicked view, it looks like a really nice place to live, outside of the heat.

well I dont mind 40`c plus heat but I think I may be clockin down a tad :)

more rads perhaps #Laughs#

hmmm lizard weather.... there everywhere!

yes i have made meny. BUT after doing 1/2 you will most likely decide to go to 5/8 id instead and get the extra flow because you are already used to the OD width from soft tubing.
it just requires reducing at the ends and using soft tubing for bridge connections.
fixing the parts in place will be a real pain or real easy depending on how fixed your system is.
larger systems have larger copper runs but allow for larger soft tubing bridge s also making it easyer.
its completely possible to make absolutely huge systems to cool multiple computers too(especially with a 9 foot bong)

hmm. that could be a project for me, I have benders for 1/2, 5/8, and down. shouldn't be all that difficult. Time consuming. but would be a fun project. think the inside of the system would look sweet tool.

if you do gentle bends with wider tubing you often times offset or even see a performance gain compared to less tubing smaller tighter bends with soft tubing. oh and after its all fitted and you buff it up and put a protective coating on the outside it looks awesome.

I know you have seen some of my custom jobs on here. I like the look of the buffed copper with the smooth bends. To be honest my case is in dyer need of a good tubing make-over anyways.

if you have the patience and resources i would consider designing your own case .
its the pinnacle of watercooling. especially when you get 2mm brushed aluminum plates cut and bent to specifications and you build monsterous things that are near silent and look more like a peice or furnature than a computer =)

stupid ups, decided to ship my package to Canada, then send it back to the states, then ship it back to Canada, i should be getting it monday.

hopefully i will get the jabtech order by next week and have the weekend to work on it.

UPDATE

well i got 1 package and the other one i will have to pick up after ups tries 3 times. and i have to pay some crap $38.00 fee for some crap, i think it's stupid *** customs but it really ****es me off, i got it twice when ordering more then $100 from jabtech and now from sidewinders. it really makes me mad. :bang head:bang head:bang head:mad::mad::mad:

as far as mounting goes, i've decided i will gut the old case and put the pumps, rads and res in that and mount it to the wall. i've bought 2 1/2" copper unions so i can disconnect the system, i just need 2 or 4 ball valves so i don't loose liquid.

anyway, here are the pics of parts.

img0297wkm.jpg

img0298.jpg

img0299l.jpg

img0300amt.jpg

got my rad, compression fittings, adaptors and microres. finally.

will post pictures later, off to get some supplies for the build on the weekend.

i don't really like the compression fittings, i can pull the tubing out of them. they have a nice sharp lip on them too. but they are tight enough that they won't leak and they do look nice.

AND

i got a Swiftech branded rad finally! 3rd times' a charm lol.

Most of my WC system is swiftech. Since you took over the Mach 4 design, I have decide to move up to a mach 5. I have another one coming up here. I am not going to post anything until after I start building it. Still having fun? Your blocked looked good. wondering if you did anymore work on it?

Hehe cadman, I think he means his rad actually says swiftech. I got one on the first try. :beer:

Back