• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More cooling build :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's about 20C outside right now.

well i was saying before how a little blood meant it was a good project, well i thought, why not more?! i just sliced my dam finger deep, stitches deep. i'm off to the hospital...

careful with those brand new razor blades and free hand cutting!

and here is a pic of what stage i'm at now.

img0315s.jpg

img0316x.jpg

Careful now! :-/

Dont want to have to start calling you stumpy :rolleyes:

you need thoes fingers for erm the rest of your life... try to leave them on. :thup:

looking good anyhow :D

(guess you must have been bleeding elsewhere carnt see any #Chuckles#)

really is no pain no gain with you #Laughs# :beer:

good thing you painted the system black, so it don't so all the blood. The cooling case looks good, how is the block coming along? Stitches aren't going to slow you down any is it? LOL careful now. I lost a 1/4" off my ring finger in a lawn mower, wouldn't suggest it to anyone, and that is one of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, so be careful.

i will share some wisdom my dad gave me. "its not your best job if you dont hurt your self doing it." also why my g/f is going in to the medical world.
also it needs a red raceing stripe.

hey this doesnt seem right :-/

I throw together a 4x3 and build a ghetto machine from spares (like the A-Team) #Laughs#

plus I keep all my fingers and hardly a bloody murmer :rolleyes:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=609218

(faster clocks too :p) #Chuckles#

started looking at extreme stuff now.... hmmm

hope your fingers not throbing too much anyhow spawn let us know how its hangin in/on :(

note. I personally dont want to see any graphical post of your handy work... already hurt from laughing too much ;)

oo by the way i feel for you i know how it hurts to cut a finger enough to need stitches
and toes too hurts just as bad

I finally caught up with ths thread, good idea Spawn, always nice to have old stuff laying around. You gonna connect two cases togeter side by side? See it done, was very neato.

I guess the ceiling was just to low to keep building up? Or the FAA was on you..

Looking foward to mora radda, you go boyyyy!

ok im gonner throw one out for the quashing here... when you get to this level of more psu`s, pumps, rads `n fans that you can shake the average stick at. Could you stick a peltier on a rad and use a secondry loop to dissipate the heat from the peltier thus dropping the coolant temps but "maybe" not causing the insulating nightmare that direct contact throws up?

im just looking for the next move to combat the heat my machine may have to face basically.

any thoughts while spawn gets his finger stuck back on.

just wondering if it can be done in such a way that theres some benefit and the condensation stays away from the machines components?

spawn.. any plans to try and make baffles to keep the noise down? (would like to see something like that... must say though my machine makes more noise than any of the external cooling fans by some margin)

I tried adding a peltier cooler to a copper section of waterline once.
Since it wasn't directly on the heat source, it took about 2-3 hours to freeze the line completely closed, stopping waterflow to the block...thermal shutdown worked fortunately!
It was only 3 x 15 watt chips too, about the size of a stamp each.

Not really recommended from what I've found.

That looks awesome!!

Heh, only Spawn would post "Yep, I need stitches, but FIRST, let me download pics, then resize and upload them to show you where I'm at with the project!"

Hope they sew you up well. :)

haha thanks guys. i didn't ended up getting stichs, the doc said i did a good job putting pressure on it right away. i just got some bandages and have to keep it dry for a week or 2. i was at first freaked out that i cut the whole tip of my finger but that was from the shock of it happening.

and i will run the fans off my current psu, it should handle the extra 6 fans.

cadman, i got your block mounted to my q6600 and am leak testing my rads and pumps.

img0317.jpg

more pics,

img0319n.jpg

and yes, i have to stand on my chair to fill the loop lol.
img0318s.jpg

the whole basement will be redone later on so no big deal what i do to it while i'm still at my parents.

hey this doesnt seem right :-/

I throw together a 4x3 and build a ghetto machine from spares (like the A-Team) #Laughs#

plus I keep all my fingers and hardly a bloody murmer :rolleyes:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=609218

(faster clocks too :p) #Chuckles#

started looking at extreme stuff now.... hmmm

hope your fingers not throbing too much anyhow spawn let us know how its hangin in/on :(

note. I personally dont want to see any graphical post of your handy work... already hurt from laughing too much ;)

+1, Spawn you can keep the pics of the handy work to yourself, I personally don't want to see any stiches. LOL

computer is up and running now with cadman's block and some great temps, around 34C load (stock) roughly.

on another note my stupid POS seagate drive is failing... yet again..... i am so done with seagate and that horrible harddrive maker.... the drive that is failing is a rma'd one. this will be my 4th rma from them...

Back