• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire Support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Has anyone had any experience with Sapphire RMA's? I had a 4870 crap out on my son's computer so I got the RMA process going right away, I sent the card via UPS the second week in June and waited more than three weeks before contacting them again. I sent them an email and they replied with the standard "It takes two weeks after we receive the card to process." Well, it's been more than three weeks so I replied saying so and I have not heard anything from them in 3 days. I also had to pay a $15.00 processing fee and $15.00 to ship it to them and I get this kind of service? I usually buy eVGA and had to RMA a couple of cards with them and it was quick and painless. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with Sapphire or am I out of luck? They don't seem to be very helpful or apologetic considering it was their product that failed!

Call them... You can get more accomplished actually speaking to someone by voice rather than just sending some text.

Also some things to check. Be sure to look at the tracking number to see if it was delivered. UPS can occasionally be moronic and ship it to the wrong address, or just completely lose the item. Depending on the shipping you used it could take about a week just for them to receive it, and if their stupid policy of taking 2 weeks to process is for real, then that would add up close to 3 weeks total before anything gets done.

Call them... You can get more accomplished actually speaking to someone by voice rather than just sending some text.

Also some things to check. Be sure to look at the tracking number to see if it was delivered. UPS can occasionally be moronic and ship it to the wrong address, or just completely lose the item. Depending on the shipping you used it could take about a week just for them to receive it, and if their stupid policy of taking 2 weeks to process is for real, then that would add up close to 3 weeks total before anything gets done.

Yeah, I called them last night but it would have been 6:pM cali time so I didn't get a hold of anyone. UPS tracking shows delivery of 6/17 so I would think 3 weeks would be plenty of time to either fix the card or ship me a new one. I'll give it until the end of the week and see if I get a response. I can assure you that this will be my last Sapphire purchase.

Wow, thanks for all the replies, you guys are so helpful! :rolleyes:
Well for anyone that's interested they ignored all my emails and phone calls so I sent an email stating that I would file a complaint with the BBB by the end of the day today and amazingly out of the clear blue sky I got an email with a tracking number of a replacement card being sent to me! These guys are @ssholes and they only respond if they are pushed! They have had my card for over 3 weeks and never made an attempt to respond until I threatened the BBB! I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM SAPPHIRE if you would ever like any kind of support from them!

dude
they are great for me

heres the email and # i use

they respond 2 emailes within 30 minutes typically...
[email protected]

[email protected] << when its actually accellerated to an rma

and phone number.... 909-594-3128

aside from the 15 bux they require, my typical turnaround is 10 days from the moment I send my card it till i get it back, once was 8 days...

dude
they are great for me

heres the email and # i use

they respond 2 emailes within 30 minutes typically...
[email protected]

[email protected] << when its actually accellerated to an rma

and phone number.... 909-594-3128

aside from the 15 bux they require, my typical turnaround is 10 days from the moment I send my card it till i get it back, once was 8 days...

Yeah, that's the email and phone number I replied to DUDE! And I got nothing from them! Like I already stated, they have had my card since 6/17; is that 10 days?? No, that's why I tried several more time to contact them and i got nothing that's why I sent them a final email stating I was contacting the BBB and within 1 hour I got a reply with a tracking number! That's BS as far as I'm concerned! I had to pay a $15.00 fee and $15.00 to ship the card back to them and they act like I'm the inconvenience? This company sucks and I'll never do business with them again! It has been a month since they "accelerated" my RMA so is that acceptable to you rattle?

hell no its not acceptable, my last rma with them was a 4870 at the beginning of the year and it was fast as hell, weird... i guess they are hit or miss dude...

hell no its not acceptable, my last rma with them was a 4870 at the beginning of the year and it was fast as hell, weird... i guess they are hit or miss dude...

I apologize for my rude post but I have been on the receiving end of an endless streak of bad luck lately! Everything has been breaking on me lately and I'm getting jerked around on all my warranty items. When I buy a product one main factor for me is warranty and when the people give me **** about living up to their end of the bargain I get frustrated! It seems like they are trained to try and bust your balls until you give up and they don't have to honor their part of the deal. Just because they are sending me a replacement doesn't wash away the fact they ignored me and treated me badly so I will definitely stop buying anything Sapphire and encourage all my friends to do the same. But I do want to say I'm sorry for acting like an *** on the forums. :beer:

its all good man, i didnt mean to come across as a wiseass. I have not ever had an issue with them. Doesnt mean i wont, i only bought them cuz they were the cheapest lol. Makes me nervous for sure though trust me. I had a nightmare with gigabyte a few years ago that mirrors yours with sapphire and I swore them off forever. here i am though with a gigabyte mobo though heh. Good luck man and I dont blame you at all.

Well, I finally got my replacement card today and they sent me a used broken POS! Wow, these guys are unbelievable. First, I took the card out of the bag and the fan is full of cat hair and fuzz. OK, no biggie as long as the card works that's all I really care about. I put it in my son's computer and fired it up and I get a LOUD grinding noise so I immediately turn it off. I pulled the card back out and started looking at the fan, it is so worn out I can move the fan up and down a 1/4"!! So the fan is rubbing on the plastic shroud, this is ridiculous! This is after I paid $30.00 to send their broken card back to them and to have them send me another broken card. Now keep in mind that I was not an @sshole at all throughout any of this RMA process. I actually waited 3 weeks after they received the card before contacting them again. And it wasn't until I threatened them with the BBB that I received a reply. If they don't put a fully working card in the mail by tomorrow afternoon the Better Business Bureau is getting a call. Just wanted to share my wonderful experience with you and hope you think twice before making a Sapphire purchase.

wow, if i were you i'll just buy an aftermarket heatsink and then file a complaint with them.

That's exactly what I did. I just had a few emails back and fourth and now they are claiming that shipping has messed up the card! I took a picture of the box that it was shipped in and there is not a scratch on it! The fan is completely worn out. Shipping caused all the hair in the fan too! :rolleyes: He told me to send the card back to them and they will take a look at it!! WHAT?!?!?!?! F/U send the card back AGAIN! I just filed a complaint with the BBB, and I'll be looking for a replacement HSF. These guys are losers! :temper:

Filed a complaint with the BBB 4 days ago and still haven't had any response from Sapphire, GREAT customer service here! They will probably wait until the 30th day they have to respond to my complaint just to be ********! This has to be the worst service I have ever received in the years I have been building computers! They blatantly sent me a jank replacement card just to be a tool, or they are really ignorant and don't care about customer service, either way I would stay away from Sapphire if you want any kind of service after the sale!

geez thats pathetic customer service. im glad you gave us the heads up, ill be sure to avoid these guys from now on.

Uh oh... both my cards are Sapphire...

Lets hope nothing goes wrong with my cards!!

Im nervous now....

geez thats pathetic customer service. im glad you gave us the heads up, ill be sure to avoid these guys from now on.
I never thought as big as Sapphire is that they would act like this!
Uh oh... both my cards are Sapphire...

Lets hope nothing goes wrong with my cards!!

Im nervous now....
You better be nervous! ;)

Every time I have had to work with sapphire, I always got the feeling they didnt give a damn. Poor way to treat your customers imo.

That's exactly how they act!
Just to give everyone a heads up, Sapphire responded to the BBB complaint today and they are blatantly lying and it's real annoying! They are claiming that I had a yelling match on the phone with one of their customer service reps and I hung up on him when I was dissatisfied with the answer he gave me. I have NEVER had any communication on the phone with anyone at any point throughout this ordeal! Everything was done through emails so I have no clue what they're talking about. This is over a fairly dated card for god's sake! It's a matter of principle for me now but I will not continue any type of support from them with this matter. Not like they intend on helping me anyway. Just wanted to let everyone know what type of people are standing behind the customer support team at Sapphire, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! Think twice before purchasing Sapphire........

I never thought as big as Sapphire is that they would act like this!

You better be nervous! ;)

That's exactly how they act!
Just to give everyone a heads up, Sapphire responded to the BBB complaint today and they are blatantly lying and it's real annoying! They are claiming that I had a yelling match on the phone with one of their customer service reps and I hung up on him when I was dissatisfied with the answer he gave me. I have NEVER had any communication on the phone with anyone at any point throughout this ordeal! Everything was done through emails so I have no clue what they're talking about. This is over a fairly dated card for god's sake! It's a matter of principle for me now but I will not continue any type of support from them with this matter. Not like they intend on helping me anyway. Just wanted to let everyone know what type of people are standing behind the customer support team at Sapphire, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! Think twice before purchasing Sapphire........

Oh wow now I know no matter what kind of deal I will never buy from them. Be sure to tell ask them for the recordings of the "phone calls" you made lol.

Just to be fair Sapphire finally sent me a card that works after nearly 3 months of hassle. But I believe they only did so based on my complaint with the BBB.

Just to be fair Sapphire finally sent me a card that works after nearly 3 months of hassle. But I believe they only did so based on my complaint with the BBB.

That's good to hear. The BBB can be quite helpful at times even though some people think their efforts are completely pointless. I know they've helped me quite a bit in the past.

Back