• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg's New Product Pages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

so what do you think.
example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduct.aspx?Item=N82E16814102868

it looks good but its a bit big to me and it feels like somethings missing.
its also got this amazon.com all the info is scattered all over the place thing going on which irritates the crap outa me

i think it would be better if specs and cust. reviews were a bit higher and mabe share the same area split down the middle, and then give us the bulk and combos and what have ya, possibly make it a bit smaller too

alot of people musta hated it, its already back to the way it was

lol...I saw one of these a few weeks ago and immediately submitted the lowest rating for all categories for it down where it says 'New Layout! Share your thoughts...' I hadn't seen one for a while so I'd hoped they'd abandoned it.

To be non-PC I felt like I was looking at a disabled-friendly version of Newegg for the mentally challenged (I guess that was kind of PC? :p) Taking away the left-hand site browsing menu is a terrible mistake and there's actually less information available per viewable page because the same information goes down so much farther. Half the reason Newegg gets a lot of business from me is the easy to browse website, if they want to mess around with Newegg Mall to copy Amazon, fine, but don't mess with my Newegg PC parts!

Last edited:
its werid, it was either saved in the cache of my computer and hadnt dumped it yet OR they are trying it again, either way i screen caped the whole legenth and stiched them together incase some people want to see but cant.

i'm going to hotlink to my webspace, its a 2meg JPG file and its really long
http://webpages.charter.net/niku_sama/Newegg Newlayout.jpg

everything above the item number across the very top of the screen is the same

looking at it again, yea i have to agree with "Disabled-Friendly", way to big and scattered and too much junk, has an amazon thing going on

People hate change. Just like I did when these forums changed up the colors.

After awhile I get use to it though. I do not really like the new product page as well. I rather have the tabs on the side for quick access instead of scrolling down.

The scrolling down is very bad on netbooks.

Well it wouldnt be sooo bad if they consolidated the information into tabs like it was before.
it looks cleaner as far as the text and images and overall layout goes, but it seems too distracting with it all on just a singular page.

These are laid out like Amazon's pages. Tons and tons of useful information below the fold, with a nice layer of irrelevant kruft in between. It's crap - this is going to bug me.

In fact, I was just thinking the other day about how much I like Newegg's product pages and how much I hate Amazon's.

i guess most of us can agree it needs some updating but modernizing the look and somekey components of the existing layout would be the best way?

also forum colors, when it changed it didnt bug me but today i noticed that theres a "light" version and i am trying it out, so far i like the light version, now if i could only get image resizing to stop

I saw that new page briefly yesterday. Too much scrolling to get relevant information when it should be click on tab and see it right there.

These are laid out like Amazon's pages. Tons and tons of useful information below the fold, with a nice layer of irrelevant kruft in between. It's crap - this is going to bug me.

In fact, I was just thinking the other day about how much I like Newegg's product pages and how much I hate Amazon's.

^^^ This.

Back