• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new pc build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fores

Hey all!
This is my new pc, what dou you think of it? anything i need to change?
Wanted a quiet pc so i use Fractal Designs case with sound damping.
I have 1 140mm fan plus H50 in push pull 120mm blowing out.
3 120mm and 1 140mm fan blowing in cool air. These are located front bottom and on the side. The side one blowing on my grapchic cards.

Room temp 21C°
CPU running oc 3.74Ghz 100% 57C°, idle 31C°
MB 100% 29C° idle 27C°
GPU hyperdrive on 100% 90C° idle 45C°

//Fores
mypc018.JPG

mypc019.JPG

mypc020.JPG

mypc021.JPG

mypc027.JPG

Load temp is a little high for your OC and your voltage also. Just my 2 cents. I can hit 3.8GHz on all 4 of my 955's and 965's without a bump to a little bump in voltage. My temps never go past 45-50c at 100% load even running WCG 24/7.

I would flip the side fan to exhuast that way you have equal pressure. The way it is now, your fans are just stuffing are into the expansion slot area and the air is probably not being exhuasted very well in that area. Also, by exhausting some air through the side you wont have as much hot air going through your HX-50 which hopefully means better cooling for yuor CPU. Also... I'd think you'd be able to hit 3.9ghz with your temps and not just 3.75ghz.

Oki I can try change the side fan to blowing out.
Air flow ath the moment.
airflow.JPG

Just a thougt doesent it matter thet the 2 fans on the H50 shuffle more air than the rest of the fans. They are 54,3 cfm.
So out is (54,3 * 2) + 39 = 147,4 cfm
In 39 + (38,3 * 3) = 155,4 cfm
So the theres just a little diffres in the overpressure.
But theres also the way the air moves in the case...

Well your best bet is to play around with things, the way you got it is probably pretty good. Although, I'd try and see if you could somehow get the H50 to be an intake that way it gets cold air, it'd make a big difference considering all the heat your GPU's probably make. So if I were you, I'd try and just try different places for the fans. Maybe try and see if you can remove a drive cage and put your push/pull H50 as an intake up front or something. You really just have to try different things.

Nice build. i should be getting my H50 in the next few days. i noticed that your H50 is exhausting out the back of your case. Corsair wants to draw cool air through the radiator from outside your case. Makes sense because in your setup your pulling all that heat from your components inside your case right through your rad. warming the coolant up before it gets to the cpu. Im with Dooms101 on putting the h50 back as a intake. if it was my machine i would mount the h50 in the bottom were the 120 is as a intake. Put the 120 from the bottom exhausting out the rear and turn the side panel fan around to exhaust. 3 on intake and 3 on exhaust. i have almost your same fan locations in my INWIN Maelstrom case im mounting the h50 in the front intake. your temps with the h50 should be lower then what they are with what little overclock your running.

Hey again!
After some hours of testing i got these results:
Now i got exsaust flow from my fans with warm air...
I changed H50 to intake, moved the 140 fan on top to rear possision (to vent out the H50 air as soon as possible)
I took away 1 120 fan from the H50 (just made a diffrens of 3C°)
My cpu is running at 3,8Ghz and mems at 1600Mhz stable with OCCT linpack test. (stock voltage on cpu 1.4v and mems 1.8v)
The temp landed on 61C° on the cpu. 30min load
(When i had out going air it was 68C° after just 4min then i stoped)

I cant put the H50 at the bottom because the hoses are not long enough.

Reminding i surely can have lower temps but i want my computer to be quiet too so its a real challange to find the sweet spot.
airflow2.JPG

what about taking the bottom 120 and mounting it in the other opening at the top? heat rises so i would try to put as much as i could out the top of the case.

if your fans are too loud for you there are several high cfm low db fans out. Also the coolers on your 5770 cards are designed to exhaust heat into case instead of exhausting it out the back of the case like the standard 5770 cooler design.the side exhaust fan should help some of that heat escape, my case temps went up 8-10c going from a 2900xt to 8800gt cards in SLI because they exhausted heat into the case. just a little info.

Last edited:
Well i got about the most quiet fans i think ther are round 9-15db.
The 120 in the bottom i think i need for my graphichs cards.
Cool air blowing at them and going out on the side...
I can always get another 140 on the top

Oki now i got the fans like this.
Cpu full load at 59 C°, 2C° less :)
Room temp 21C°

Im going to make full test of temps and post em.
airflow3.JPG

Well your current setup is exactly what I had in mind, nice job, good to see it worked! I still think you should be able to run a bit cooler with your oc. Maybe you should start a thread in the AMD CPU section so some of the experience ocer's can help =)

Oki ill do that!
Was going a bit off topic here , sry bout that.
Cu in AMD section :)

Thanx all for your help and support!

Just an update ;)
I got push pull on my H50, changed the side 120mm fan to 140mm, and got me cooling for my dominators...
Temp full load is 55C° with prime95 for 30 min :)
mypc31.JPG

Hehe i dont think i can stop changing my pc, its like a painting.
New psu 1kW FD, new 140mm fan on the side. Reroutet all wires, looks little better now.
Had to take away the push/pull new power core in the way, but np all fans in the top goes now full speed so i get the pull there :)
new1.JPG

new2.JPG

An now i have done it again :)
Got the fan to push/pull again with some light force and made me a little movie ;)

Last edited:
Just a little thing to show you.
I got this nice all black case as you seen.
Was in a car store today and come a cross car stickers, and found this one:
sticker.JPG

Back