• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 460 causing audio stutter and other weirdness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

I'm fairly sure it's due to a bug when the card clocks down. See attached image: when the card is running full blast, DPC latencies are normal. When it downclocks to 405mhz, they spike a bit. When it clocks all the way down, they spike like mad. I'd been noticing Ventrilo audio dropouts and stutter when alt-tabbed from a game. Didn't have this issue with my 280.

Going to update drivers and see if it helps, any other ideas? :shrug:

Attachments

• GPCtest1.jpg
    GPCtest1.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 689
Sorry to post on top of myself but this is pretty big for 460 owners with an affected chipset. On my G33, this is the result of changing to 260.63 beta drivers.

Attachments

• DPCtest2.jpg
    DPCtest2.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 722
Was using the 460 launch drivers, and I'm sure most people running the card are as well.

Sound crackling is totally horrible with these new drivers. No idea what's up with that.

Try updating sound card drivers, too?

My realtek drivers are up to date, and I never had any audio issues until I got the 460.

I did notice the 260.63 uses a new unified installer that automatically installs Nvidia's HDMI audio driver. It also sets it to be default audio device, so I had no sound until I switched the default device from their driver to my old realtek one. I'm gonna uninstall the Nvidia audio driver and see if that helps.

Back