• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*56K No* Phenom II X6 DICE Run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slappa

Registered
Hey guys. Thought I'd share all of this with you.
Video is now up

Click Link below to watch video

The Results​

5.547GHz Core #1 SS (Couldn't get a valid at this speed for some reason)
5.547GHzCore1.png

5.5GHz Core #1 Validation

5.5GHzCore1.png

12.844s SuperPi 1m
12.844Comp1m.PNG

13m 30.328s SuperPi 32m
13m30s32msuperpiTweakelgappodefeatComp.PNG

4.93s wPrime 32m
4.93swprime32.png

Now you guys see what I mean when I didn't wanna hype it. Only a few results worth sharing. Next run I promise more results!

Oh and there is an all 6 core max OC result in the video that I didn't SS.

Nice! Any reason for running your RAM in slots 1 & 2?

Thanks!

This is standard for these new AMD boards. Rather then a 1&3 layout. Still gives dual channel, no performance hit.

Thanks!

This is standard for these new AMD boards. Rather then a 1&3 layout. Still gives dual channel, no performance hit.

I think for best results 3&4 work the best on 890fx...thats what I was referring too. From Jiggabyte...
DDR3 1866(OC)*/1333/1066 *To reach DDR3 1866MHz or above, you must install two memory modules and install them in the DDR3_3 and DDR3_4 memory sockets.

I think for best results 3&4 work the best on 890fx...thats what I was referring too. From Jiggabyte...

Hahaha oh yeah sorry I didn't realize what you were asking.
I didn't really tune the ram for this run, and also to consider it's not a good set to begin with. I just needa something to get my 1090T kicking.

Next time I tune the ram I'll probably move it to 3&4. TBH I don't know why I left it 1&2

I've even got plenty and my session went horribly. Glad it worked out though. And pictures of the insulation?

Hahaha define horribly.

I insulated it before my bud with the good camera came over. It was the board coated in dieletric grease and then a layer of plumbers putty overtop of it. worked like a dream. I still have the insulation left the way it is in my rig.

Hahaha define horribly.

I insulated it before my bud with the good camera came over. It was the board coated in dieletric grease and then a layer of plumbers putty overtop of it. worked like a dream. I still have the insulation left the way it is in my rig.

He got all set up, ready to go, and popped the NB (I think) right in the beginning...very sad event. :rain:

So, you been doing any more benching?

He got all set up, ready to go, and popped the NB (I think) right in the beginning...very sad event. :rain:

So, you been doing any more benching?

Darnn thats just bad luck. Not too long ago I was doing a run with my 955 X4 C3 on winter air, and I killed 2 790FX-UD5P boards within 24 hours :( even worse luck.

Lately I haven't. I've been waiting to try a new DI pot being sent from a friend. However, he is quite busy so i'm stalled on that.

In the meanwhile I'll probably do another run using the same setup, and see if I can squeeze out more and tune the ram.

Nice job!

WAAAAAAAAAY LESS Dry ice though... wow! Most say it should be pulverized to a snow like composition and only a couple tablespoons or so of Acetone...

Congrats to the OP but I think you guys are into PAIN? ;)

+1 nice rig

Thanks guys!

Nice job!

WAAAAAAAAAY LESS Dry ice though... wow! Most say it should be pulverized to a snow like composition and only a couple tablespoons or so of Acetone...

Thanks dude.

Hahaha we actually didn't run with that much dry ice throughout the whole run. That shot was just for laughs. Filling the whole pot up actually raised the temperatures quite a bit. It got the chip a lot warmer (around -40C to -50C rather then -75C)
Yup I did indeed crush it up till it was snow. Works well (more surface area). Also the mixture depends on the pot. On my pot the mixture is best with the acetone bubbling slightly above where the top of the base screws in, adding little bits of snowed dice at the same.

Hahaha define horribly.

Yeah, what Xoke said. Poor board. I got one -71*C bios shot, but that was all. :rain:

Well Jigga sent me a replacement yesterday so I'll get it next week. The mom says I can't go sub-zero for a while though. :rain:

I say <post canceled due to content>

At least you'll have a board! Plus, give it a month or three and you can go subzero by stepping out the front door :p

Back