• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T - overclocking to the highest stable frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plutonus

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the overclocking stuff and I'd like to boost my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor to the highest possible stable frequency that doesn't affect its lifetime much. I've heard numbers around 3.8 - 4.0 GHz are possible. I'll be grateful for all of your advice.

My other specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
Memory: Kingston 10 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6870
SSD + HDD: Kingston SSDNow KC300 480 GB + Samsung HD 502HJ 500 GB
CD/DVD Drive: Samsung SH-222AB
Power supply: Seasonic SS-650HT 650W

What cooling?
CPU multi to x20
CPU voltage to 1.425v

Test with Cinebench 15. If you can finish it, you're good.

They ARE in the bios and you have the options. ;)
Set these to manual and you will be able to set the multi and voltage.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,931
Thank you very much :)

I know you're aware of what you're doing, but just to make sure - is CPU multi x20 and CPU voltage 1.425v 100 % safe in the long run?

Thank you very much :)

I know you're aware of what you're doing, but just to make sure - is CPU multi x20 and CPU voltage 1.425v 100 % safe in the long run?
Yes, as long as you're able to run those settings without errors. Overclocking is all trial and error. There are no cookie cutter settings. I will be here to help you. Don't worry. :)

That vcore drop and speed drop holy sht.... That OC isn't stable at all. Correct me if I am wrong

Nope, nothing to do with stability: those are the power saving features.

Try CB R15 4/5 times as Scotty says. If it passes, go for 6 hours prime 95 blend.

I used to run. My 1070T and my 1090T to 4.25GHz stable with a NH-D15.

Nope, nothing to do with stability: those are the power saving features.

Try CB R15 4/5 times as Scotty says. If it passes, go for 6 hours prime 95 blend.

I used to run. My 1070T and my 1090T to 4.25GHz stable with a NH-D15.

Isn't he suppose to turn those off?

when figuring out a cpu I turn all the power saving stuff off but in daily use I turn them all on again, having them on can, at times cause a bit of confusion.
when benching it's all power saving stuff off..

Back