• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 way flexible SLI bridge? Or do you daisy chain?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exempt

Hey guys,

So I was finally not lazy enough to attempt to test the differences between 4x 5870's and 3x SLI 480 GTX MSI lightining superclocked cards.

Man I can't even explain how much of a royal b**** it is to get triple or quad setups running. ATI or Nvidia.

Anyways.... so I currently have this hard plastic PCB 3 way SLI bridge, however it is too rigid and holds the three nvidia cards much to close to each other, making the top card and second cards fans not spin, resulting in a super hot and probably will fry the card. I can't use a shim between them because the 3 way SLI bridge is holding them much to tight.

So is there such thing as a flexible one? Or can I daisy chain it like it's done with Crossfire? (with the single "strap" kind)?

Thanks in advance, and here is a pic of they type I am currently using:

Attachments

• mio 3 way sli bridge 9800 GT.jpg
    mio 3 way sli bridge 9800 GT.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 11,518
The SLI bridge that came with your motherboard should be spaced appropriately for your pci slots. Do you have aftermarket coolers or non-reference?

To my knowledge there are no flexible 3way SLI bridges, also daisy chaining will not work, since that would only be 4 connectors, 2x(2way connectors) the bridge uses 6.

The SLI bridge that came with your motherboard should be spaced appropriately for your pci slots. Do you have aftermarket coolers or non-reference?

To my knowledge there are no flexible 3way SLI bridges, also daisy chaining will not work, since that would only be 4 connectors, 2x(2way connectors) the bridge uses 6.

I have the MSI lightning 480 gtx superclocked, it uses the "Twin Frozr III" HSF, which was really retarded on the design engineer's part, because I literally had to dremel a large part of the plastic and metal aluminum frame to even get the tri bridge to fit onto all cards.

I found online that you actually can use the flexible SLI bridges and it will work, it just looks utterly ghetto. Also I can't find anywhere where they sell *black* flexible cables, evga used to but everyone carries the horrible mustard colored ones

Attachments

• 3sli_02.jpg
    3sli_02.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12,697
  • 2d4fbb994a.jpg
    2d4fbb994a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 13,479
These are the sections that had to be cut, was such an annoyance that nobody mentions this online, however if your running just TWO cards, then it's not a problem because you could use the flexible cables, which now...since I have to use them as well, didn't have to cut them......... :-/

Attachments

• hadtobecut1.jpg
    hadtobecut1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,218
  • hadtobecut2.jpg
    hadtobecut2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 3,314
Back