• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 3 NDA is lifted.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was checking that out earlier. A few items return from D2, but the stats aren't quite the same.

I was checking that out earlier. A few items return from D2, but the stats aren't quite the same.

I noticed that too. I also was very surprised that they have set items and legendary items listed. Pretty kool. I wonder if anyone playing the beta has found low lvl set or legendary items.

I'm sure they have. mdcomp needs to start playing more and so he can find some and post pics :D

I'm guessing Legendary = Unique now? In D2, only one of a specific unique could drop per game, that's why they were called unique, so I wonder if it's the same for Legendary items.

Glad to see that they brought back some of the old sets.

I guess we will not be seeing the crazy 3000+ defense armors and the 2000+ dps weapons from Diablo II.

Remember, THIS beta is limited to just the first chapter or something. It ends after this "Skeleton King" is killed.

Ya know what's sad....Blizzard's beta games look more polished and stable than retail games from other developers.

Doh!
:bang head

You know it's late when I leave out important information like that:
i7-2600k (running at stock right now just to see baseline performance for the game)
HD 6950 (unlocked to HD 6970)
Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3

I also tested it on an HD 6770 card which could not handle max settings and full hd. It would play, but freeze every so often.

Matt

I hope I can have some nice eye candy at 1920x1080 with my 285 and q6600. We will see.

Lol Matt. You are already finding legendary items. Your such a lucksack.

Pretty much. I was only like 10 mins into it...lol.

The only graphical things I wish was in the beta and hope is in the final game is AA and dynamic lighting. AA should be there since it's an option in the settings, but there's just no mode other than off. Dynamic lighting would be nice to see abilities light up the environment, like a Wizard's spell shot down a cave would light up the cave along the spell's path.

Screenshot028.jpg

Screenshot030.jpg

Screenshot031.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I was figuring early 2012 as well, especially since the beta just started recently. I'll be Skyriming it up too :D

Something I found funny... Blizzard named at least one D3 item after an old hacked D2 item:

D3's White Gloves

Capture.JPG

D2's "White" Gloves

13.jpg

Gotta love Blizzard. I love how much of an upgrade the Legendary Sword you found was Matt! 2-5dmg!!

Hey, don't forget the 2-4 poison dmg...

Seriously though, I believe it's the lowest legendary weapon, but it's the best weapon I have and I'm level 11...

I'm looking forward to the cash AH. I love in game trading so being able to make money is a huge plus.

Back