• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ollieboy

Registered
Hey OC,

Been browsing through the forums and saw you have helped alot of users overclock to their desired specs, and to see if I can join the ranks :)

Basically, I purchased myself a new 1100T, hoping to get this overclocked to around the 4Gh'z mark, I went out bought an adequate cpu cooler to help me with this Noctua NH-D14 (stock temps on this are low 18C-21C in HWMP and CoreTemp).

Problem is, I'm using an old motherboard DDR2 but has had good reviews about it in the past with its ability to OC, is this aiming to high in this set up?

anyway here are my specs

Mobo - ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe AM2+
CPU+Cooler 1100T (stock) + Noctua NH-D14 cooler
RAM OCZ 1066 2x2Gb @ 5-5-5-18 2.2v
CASEAntec 1200
PSU Corsair 650HX

So i'm hoping some of you can explain what needs tweeking and such in BIOS, I know my way round it. But seems a bit complicated with the testing.

I've attached screenshots below of temps, prime95 etc.

IDLE Temps

-----------------------

15minute Prime 95

Thanks alot for your time folks.

Why is your CPU core voltage so high at stock frequencies (1.475v at idle, it looks like)?
Is that on voltage on Auto or did you set it manually in bios that high?

That's it on stock, when I open up CPU-Z it fluctuates.

Everything is set on "Auto" in BIOS, turned off all the CPU features (CnQ, C1, virtualization, etc)

I would go into bios and lower that CPU core voltage to about 1.325 and slowly increase it as necessary to maintain stability as you raise the CPU frequency in your overclocking. 1.325 should be fine for stock voltages and make it run much cooler.

Run 20 minutes of Prime95 blend at 1.325 core voltage to do a tentative stability check before overclocking.

Then start raising the CPU multiplier .5x at a time until you can no longer pass a 20 minute Prime test.

Then start to add core voltage in small increments, just enough to restore the ability to pass the 20 minute Prime test.

Have CoreTemp open on desktop for every test to monitor temps.

Repeat steps 2-4 above unntil you get to the temp "wall".

If at any time core temps begin to exceed mid 50s you are at the "wall" and then need to test with Prime for at least 2 hrs. to confirm stability.

Tweak as necessary to arrive at a final overclock. We'll help you at that point.

Last edited:
Okay I'll get on that and post up results tomorrow at some point.

Just a few things before I start,

1) In the BIOS I disabled turbocore and all the other features so it's running stock 3.3, but I've noticed when I launch programmes it uses turbo @ 3.7GH'z, any idea's what's causing this?

2) I've managed to set the Core voltage to 1.350, doesn't go any lower regardless, so I assume this is fine, temps are IDLE at 14-15C but BIOS reports 24C

I really appreciate the help you're giving me Trents, thanks!

You probably need to manually set the multiplier and also check that Win 7 is set to performance mode and not balanced or power saving.

Also since you have that older board which most will not expect to see, you really need to create a signature so that your system specs follow each of your posts.

Sigs are pretty easy.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

As RGone said, go into Windows Control Panel and set the Power Options to High Power. I'm thinking that will nix the turbo. Many bios options need to be set taken off Auto and set to Manual before you can manipulate their values. Often, there is a master "Auto" for a whole bios section that must be put to Manual before the individual entries in that section can be changed.

Please note my edit in yellow font in my previous post.

EDIT

While testing I found that most of my cores were running mixed speeds (e.g Core #0 + #1 were both running@ 3.5Gh'z and the others on 3.3Gh'z

Got it working on all cores now, I had to update my BIOS. (Had some stability improvements compared to 3202), this actually fixed my voltage and my CPU features.

Will post back results soon.

Hello just an update,

I've been writting down and recording all the overclocks and quite happy how far it's gojne so far,

I'm now safely booted into windows with 4.018Gh'z @ 1.335v, but Prime 95 reports an error 15 minutes into blend.

I went into BIOS and upped the volt to 1.350 in attempt to stabilise the speed and it BSOD on start-up, am I safe to try and up it more? Or are there any further instructions.

thanks.

Anything up to about 1.475 vcore should be safe as long as yur core temps don't exceed mid 50s C. Core temp is more important than core voltage to a point. At 1.35 vcore you are much to low to have it stable.

At this point you would do well to raise ypur CPUNB voltage to about 1.225-1.25 and your ram voltage by say .05-.1
That should help with stabiliy.

Last edited:
That did the trick!
Fairly stable now at 4.0Gh'z @ 1.40v

Pretty sure I can go a little higher but unsure if this is ideal, not sure if the motherboard can take anymore volts, what do you reckon?

It's still got good temps,

Thanks again guys for the help so far.

Ollie, one hour of passing Prime is not enough to conclude that your system is stable at your present overclock. Two hours, maybe but a lot of guys around here would insist on 8 hrs. of passing Prime to declare stability. I use the two hour standard and it may really depend on how you use your computer and if stability is a mission critical issue in the final analysis. I think you need to slow down and do some thorough testing where you are instead of trying for higher and higher at this point.

Ollie, one hour of passing Prime is not enough to conclude that your system is stable at your present overclock. Two hours, maybe but a lot of guys around here would insist on 8 hrs. of passing Prime to declare stability. I use the two hour standard and it may really depend on how you use your computer and if stability is a mission critical issue in the final analysis. I think you need to slow down and do some thorough testing where you are instead of trying for higher and higher at this point.

You're right, bit foolish for me to even think that :/
I've left Prime running while i'm at work so 6 hours should hopefully be enough time (if it hasn't got any errors). For how I use my computer, I don't run it 24/7/365, I don't play games for too long maybe 45mins at a push. So testing for 24 hours doesn't seem logical as my computer rarely hits 100% on all cores.

Test for 6-8 hours and I will confirm what's going on, but I think I'll leave it at the 4.0Gh'z, the performance difference will be insignificant.

I set my 1100t to 20 multiplier and for the heck of it 206 FSB. Im sitting at about 4060 mhz. i only upped the vcore 1 notch up in voltage and my comp has been completely stable going on 2 months now, gaming 10 hours a day. Im using a gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 and hyper 212 cooler. The speeds are almost unrealistic.. I hit 26-33 full load and 17 idle. I dont get how this can even be correct. If i knew anything about overclocking I could probably get this thing to 4.6

Surprisingly I got the CPU at 4.2Gh'z stable so far (been at these speeds for over a week now) 21 multiplier and 200 FSB, CPU @ 1.475, CPUNB @ 1.25v

ran prime for 13 hours (21/01/12) no errors (My pc is never on longer than 6-7 hours at a time anyway, so would not see the purpose of having all CPU's stressed beyond it's operating time.)

temps idle 22c-24c
full load 44-46c

Could push this further I reckon, but volts are getting too high for me to be comfortable with, will be buying a new motherboard anyhow see what happens I guess.

Back