• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Night Archers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

Back in the days before modern warfare, a great tactic to use against an enemy army attacking your castle, was to act nonchalant and let them easily come closer.

When the moon was new and the land was darkest, Night Archers would leave the castle via the secret tunnel, and go to high ground near the enemy army - with LOTS of arrows.

The prelude to this might be a certain "cache" of alcohol that the enemy "found" the day before, and drank heavily thereof.

Quietly, the archers assembled, aimed for the greatest concentration of men and always for the leader of the enemy army, and began loosing volley after volley of arrows, through the dark moonless sky.

Since soldiers couldn't sleep with their armor on, it could be brutally effective!

And that's what I want to do in our CC race. Prepare a surprise "attack" of "Night Archers", which in today's world, will be Night Folders, and benefiting medical research through the Folding@Home program.

It's a race, the race is ON, and we're up against a much larger team, and still we're winning -- but not by much.

For Night Archer training, apply here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7195499#post7195499

The computer does the hard work, and I show you how to be a hero!

(Quietly, of course).
:sn: :clap: :soda: :clap: :sn:

Last edited:
The story is becoming interesting actually! The days of olde (King Arthur, Merlin, Knights of the Round Table, Robin Hood, etc.), have a very strong appeal.

Even I want to know how the story will end! :D

Thanks!

Back