• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice for water cooling loop order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fear91

hello i am planing to upgrate my water cooling loop by adding a 360 rad mounted outside the case.
iam planing to use the noctua nf-f12 fans for the outside mounted rad.
My question is: is it going to be noisy ?
plus i need advises on the water cooling loop order please
i want it to be tidy and functional.
i really appreciate any advises

the case is a Corsair 600T

here is a picture of what i have i mind until the orders arrive.

prototybe2.png

loop order doesn't matter much. i'd say go with what looks right as you're building it. I had an idea what I wanted to do but changed it on the fly. (if you went res > pump > gpu > sr1 > mobo blck > cpu > 240 > res... might be simpler tubing.)

those fans look good, the brand is known to be good. you can probably turn them down, or use the pwm feature if you have enough pwm headers or spliters. fan controller? they shouldn't be too bad, and the sr1 is good enough to handle decent load at lower rpm... so turn them down and bamo, problem solved. assuming they're too loud at full speed.

that drawing looks line, long as the res is infront of the pump rest doesnt matter :)

loop order doesn't matter much. i'd say go with what looks right as you're building it. I had an idea what I wanted to do but changed it on the fly. (if you went res > pump > gpu > sr1 > mobo blck > cpu > 240 > res... might be simpler tubing.)

those fans look good, the brand is known to be good. you can probably turn them down, or use the pwm feature if you have enough pwm headers or spliters. fan controller? they shouldn't be too bad, and the sr1 is good enough to handle decent load at lower rpm... so turn them down and bamo, problem solved. assuming they're too loud at full speed.

i thought this loop order also but the mobo block > cpu part is tricky because the fusion thermo have barbs on it :/
thank you anyways :)
and yes i will control all the fans on both rads

Make sure it has no alum for block material or you'll have to pick a lesser cooling ability fluid than distilled and a biocide. Looks okay to me, you' got plenty of cooling for your parts, should be nice n quiet.

Make sure it has no alum for block material or you'll have to pick a lesser cooling ability fluid than distilled and a biocide. Looks okay to me, you' got plenty of cooling for your parts, should be nice n quiet.

Got that. Do you think i will be able to go for 2 way SLI ? For example 2 GTX680s ?

Yeah i think you are right i will need one more mcp655 if i go for SLI

Yeah i think you are right i will need one more mcp655 if i go for SLI

No you won't. You install it and test it, temps with one should be fine. If not the temps will be okay with one, add another if you need too.

Flow rate isn't the end all, WC has a solid science background, but what each individual see is diff due to many possibilities.

Try it first, you won't break anything.

No you won't. You install it and test it, temps with one should be fine. If not the temps will be okay with one, add another if you need too.

Flow rate isn't the end all, WC has a solid science background, but what each individual see is diff due to many possibilities.

Try it first, you won't break anything.

Yeah you are right anyway i will stick with my gtx570 for now . I will wait for the 700 series to come out

Back