• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 4 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvt.Dancer

Well the beta is out as of yesterday and I actually think its a lot better then BF3... Obviously still some issues and things that need to be worked out but the core seems way better. Can't wait to see how commander changes things and I actually like the squad perks system but still think they should go bye bye.

UPDATE, 10/29/13

On reported request, this thread is closing. The game is no longer beta and has been released, plus there's an 'official' thread here:

The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

:thup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot have already listed their feelings in the benchmark thread... I will copy/pasta my post here... :)

I only played Domination, but I did enjoy it. It looked better, not by much, but was better. The game play feels a bit slower as far as movement and such, which I'm ok with. It does have a COD type 'feel' to it with the hit marker appearance. Hit registering appears to be a lot better.

I was unable to map the delete key to sprint (I use arrows to move) which was disappointing and peculiar...

Ahh I didn't even think to look in that thread was still thinking it was talking about the Alpha\performance charts in there... Should have looked. *Face palm*

Heh, if there is a place to do it here, this is it...

About the only problem I had was that I needed to hit ESC in order to deploy. I only played last night for an hour or so though.

I queue'd it up to download last night, will try it out as soon as I leave work, go to grocery store, go home, cook chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for the gf as she's got the flu... THEN I'll fire it up! I'm pretty pumped for bf4 but I'm still having a blast in bf3...

I've played the beta for a few days now. It felt very sluggish Tuesday but what ever they did yesterday seemed to fix that. I did have to re-download the game to get it to work so my suspicion is an unannounced patch.

Game play wise it is far too easy to kill with guns. Feels very arcade like and reminds me a lot of the early COD series. Vehicle combat is not bad. Needs a lot of polish and balancing which is exactly what the beta is supposed to do. I watched the video about the beta and they claim to be doing behind the scenes data collection and then plan (or are?) making tweaks.

Overall I think it is going to be great just like BF3 but I am a BF fanboi. :D

I agree with the people saying it has a COD feel. There seems to be almost no bullet drop with the sniper rifles. I have not taken crazy long shots but prob some 300 - 400 meter shots. I was missing a lot initially as I was accounting for bullet drop and there was almost none. Def feels easier to kill people.

@Owen they did bring down the servers yesterday at like 1:00 PST or something for Maintenance so that may have been a server side patch release.

@Gator I think some guns could use some tweaking for sure but honestly I don't think its bad the scoped rifles I have some problems with I like they added zeroing which is great but the bullet trails have to go on them and on the grenades or at least be blended in a little more and not so OMG I'M A HUGE WHITE TAIL THE GUY WHO SHOT ME IS RIGHT THERE!!!

Thats a short list of things I think need to be changed IMO

speaking of bullet trails, I prefer the tracer bullet in BF3, not the trial you see in BF4.

Overall, I am getting used to it. I have been having more fun with the tanks, which I suggest that those who have access to the beta, level up the tanks and then infranty as it will give you an advantage when the game comes out.

Anyway, one thing I found myself doing a lot with the tank was just spamming the tank rounds, resulting in a quick death. I definitely had to change it up and low and behold i began to dominate in the tank. I took out a helicopter from across the map with the tank, that was pretty cool.

The trails mess me up big time because I have had a hard time seeing the bullet impact to help range my target on the fly without using Zeroing.Tracers would be better but not on every bullet we still have scope glint and thats bad enough lol.

My whole problem with tanks right now is the seemingly 1 foot drop the round has straight out of the barrel its driving me nuts!

EDIT: Just found out what Mantle is... I highly approve the idea DX and OGL needed some competition I mean direct HW access would be amazing! or whatever the closest thing would be :D

Oh yes, the extra drop of the main tank round was quite annoying at first, but it's more realistic.

I do love that they incorporated built-in zoom, well I hope the built-in zoom of the tank guns will be standard in the final release. It makes for better shots. I didn't like how in BF3, the zoom optics was a perk and had to sacrifice a worthy perk for it.

Scope glint should stay, IMO.

I'm good with the scope glint I would like it better if it were dynamic. Making someone who is good at the class have to think about where they are sitting not like in metro where you're in a tunnel and look like you have a massive flashlight pointing at you.

I really love that they redid the way squad works now. You can have up to 5 in a squad, when set to private friends can only join it. Voice chat in squads, squad perks and it will also try and swap them to your team if they get stuck on other team.

Overall I am really enjoying bf4. Runs great on my 580 will preorder it this week.

I got about 14 hours played so far lol.

Im downloading it right now , I was half temped to leave work @ lunch so i could start the DL as I couldnt this moring when I tried.

I was lucky I was around when they did the preload for the early beta but tonight me and my clan will be out there killing everything :D

Our team work is rarely defeated! lol the other night I went from a 64% win ration to 78% was a great night for us lol

The squads going up to 5 is great but I still with it was 6-8 but I guess I'm living in the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back