• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 4 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Xterra I didn't expect less just trying to help people get the chance to play it so we can help critique it. I expect like int the BF3 Alpha and beta the last couple of days they will release a patch with 1 new map maybe a new game mode and update to the game which will have a lot of fixes.

I got sick of feeling the stuttering and lag, went back to bf3, too. I don't know if it was lag or headshots are too easy or?, but I was in one game and kept insta dying, hopefully there are not hacks out already....

What did you to do get your graphics "fixed"? I see you're running Crossfire and the beta runs like complete a$$ for me with Crossfire enabled. 30-45fps no matter what detail level I choose. It runs medium in the 60s with just the one 7950 - still very choppy though.

I've spent several hours, trying different drivers and different settings in game and have got it working with the following (using rig in my sig)

13.10V2 Beta Drivers

I use Battlelog in Firefox - chrome, which I normally use, was having memory leaking issues, and would eventually crash

In game settings - Most are set to high, AA/ and some other settings are not on the highest, maybe 2nd highest (not at home) and vsync is enabled... FOV is at 90... Also, this is @ 2560x1440...

Any setting higher than what I have set causes bf4.exe to stop working, or I'll get a directx crash saying I need a vid card w/ more than 512mb of RAM... When this happens, MSI AB shows 3.3GB of vRam being used, seems like another memory leak or something...

I know its beta, but there seem to be a LOT of people (that I know of) that are having/had issues w/ crashing... hopefully game updates and new drivers will iron em out!

No memory leaking issues in Chrome here... but then again, I only played for a couple of hours at a time.

Interesting to know... thanks! :)

Expect lag, crashes, hits on target not registering, and plenty of bugs - to not expect these things would just be nonsensical.
I think most people plan for these at release so it's a given the alpha/beta will have them. Personally I can't think of any pc game released within the past couple years that regardless of beta testing or not didn't have huge problems at release.

I think most people plan for these at release so it's a given the alpha/beta will have them. Personally I can't think of any pc game released within the past couple years that regardless of beta testing or not didn't have huge problems at release.

Which is actually pretty sad... This is a PC game; crossfire issues should have been ironed out in development. To have a build make it from Alpha to Beta with this many issues would be like the software company I work for which develops applications for the healthcare industry releasing a web app that was only ever tested on IE8 and have it not work with IE9. Its asinine and it really drives me nuts that game developers have become completely comfortable with their paying customers acting as beta or even alpha/QA testers... and lets be honest, the beta probably isn't all that different from what we'll see on 10/29. There's only so much that can be fixed in 3 weeks.

I never got crossfire to work either. Performance was worse with another GPU, even after the latest beta drivers.

Which is actually pretty sad... This is a PC game; crossfire issues should have been ironed out in development. To have a build make it from Alpha to Beta with this many issues would be like the software company I work for which develops applications for the healthcare industry releasing a web app that was only ever tested on IE8 and have it not work with IE9. Its asinine and it really drives me nuts that game developers have become completely comfortable with their paying customers acting as beta or even alpha/QA testers... and lets be honest, the beta probably isn't all that different from what we'll see on 10/29. There's only so much that can be fixed in 3 weeks.
I read somewhere that this "beta" is an older build of the game made for testing server stability/issues. I'm sure the release on the 29 will be better.

I got sick of feeling the stuttering and lag, went back to bf3, too. I don't know if it was lag or headshots are too easy or?, but I was in one game and kept insta dying, hopefully there are not hacks out already....

Actually you should hope people are hacking. One thing I learned a long time ago why PB and a lot of other anti cheats aren't implemented early is so that the companies developing the game can monitor the exploits being used and patch it before release then afterwards they use PB and other anti hack systems to further protect the game.

It appears the patch for bf4 beta wiped out my video settings... I knew pretty quick when my vram usage kept going up and up, and then I crashed, same directx error as before...

Got in game, and it was set to Auto, vsync disabled, FOV 70 etc... so everything was @ Ultra basically...

Again, changed to High settings and now am playing just fine...:salute:

Attachments

• bf4directxerror.jpg
    bf4directxerror.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 83
  • vramusage.jpg
    vramusage.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
I read somewhere that this "beta" is an older build of the game made for testing server stability/issues. I'm sure the release on the 29 will be better.

That's pretty much always true. It was the same with BF3. You always end up with an older version of the copy that was deemed acceptable. There have already been balances and improvements with newer builds I'm sure, but this can be used to test other things.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily blame DICE for the multi-gpu issues, very well could be a driver issue more than the game. Maybe it is Mantle related though?

It's a beta game and a beta driver, so I'm not totally surprised there are issues...

I recall an interview talking about how the beta version is several weeks old, and most likely a lot of these bugs have been addressed... I just spent the last 2 minutes in a round with only a nade and no hud... just a floating nade, until I threw it, then I was nothing :(

The beta just runs choppy, it helped me to adjust me Network Smoothing setting, but there is server lag. On medium/high settings my system rarely drops below 40 fps, but there is a server lag/hiccup every so often that can be extremely annoying but its still fun to play. Some servers its less often is what I am finding. Its not a released game yet, and I am sure DICE will deliver. I'm sure the released product will be better optimized and run smoother on the server side.

I wonder if the choppiness and lag is to deep in programming to fix, however some severs I have no problem.

Lol yeah I spent 2 days answering most questions as its still BETA!!!!!! but it was like this in BF3 as well. Wingman I doubt it they will have it fixed this isn't like its a fully new engine just an upgraded version of the same thing I'm sure they will have it down around launch.

The only thing that truly had and still has issues is Knifing. Even after a year of being out they couldn't\Didn't fix the issue where only 1 person could do the knifing animation at a time causing massive issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back