• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Phanteks was founded in 2007. Their first product was a heatsink that was arguably the best heatsink when it was introduced. Since then we have seen more fans and more heatsinks from Phanteks. And now they jump into the world of cases. Just as they did with the PH-TC14PE, Phanteks is starting at the top end of the market, this time with the Enthoo Primo, a $250 case. Is this case worth that price? Let us find out.
... Return to article to continue reading.

i have actually been debating buying one of these cases instead of the much more expensive 900D

I am looking forward to see what they do next . . . and to see if they include that PWM Hub. That is quite the innovation.

ok since y'all had ur hands on one can ya answer me a question lol. It includes 2 140mm fans in the front correct? So can it support a 280mm rad up front??? Cant see why not but havent really seen a good pic showing why not lol. I'd like to add another 280mm rad to my build and I think it'll go good there. 420mm top 280mm floor 280mm front :D overkill but hey why not lol.

* Can I fit a 280mm radiator in the front of the case?

- If you are handy with a dremel yes you can. You would need to modify the 5.25” drive bay to allow for the length of a 280mm radiator.

Phanteks says one PWM fan hub is included with case. It has been said we will be able to buy additional hubs later but no date given. The sooner the better. I need a 2nd fan hub or will have to use a PWM splitter for PWM fans.

They also say we will be able to buy replacement parts for case.. be nice to be able to buy an extra front door to modify.. a vent w/ grill in front door and change front vent center to a matching grill. Would also like to make the base taller so the vent area is closer to bottom fan area. Looks like stock base only has enough vent area for one fan.

ok since y'all had ur hands on one can ya answer me a question lol. It includes 2 140mm fans in the front correct? So can it support a 280mm rad up front??? Cant see why not but havent really seen a good pic showing why not lol. I'd like to add another 280mm rad to my build and I think it'll go good there. 420mm top 280mm floor 280mm front :D overkill but hey why not lol.

It is specifically designed for a 280mm rad up front. Download the manual for details.

One thing: if your front rad is too thick (more than standard thickness), you lose your HD holders. Then you'll need 5.25" adapters. Silverstone and Lian Li make them, but you would need to leave the front door open.

However, you can put such rads both top and bottom.

Phanteks says one PWM fan hub is included with case. It has been said we will be able to buy additional hubs later but no date given. The sooner the better. I need a 2nd fan hub or will have to use a PWM splitter for PWM fans.

They also say we will be able to buy replacement parts for case.. be nice to be able to buy an extra front door to modify.. a vent w/ grill in front door and change front vent center to a matching grill. Would also like to make the base taller so the vent area is closer to bottom fan area. Looks like stock base only has enough vent area for one fan.

As I said in the review, using Y-cables you can hook at least 11 fans to the PWM hub. My suspicion is that using the Molex connector will allow you to hook even more fans to it.

It works by varying Voltage, based on the PWM command from the motherboard.

thanks for the reply and pm :) looks like I'll nab the case at release then plan out my mods for next year lol. When I have more time off from work available lol.

Back