• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New coin heads-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
Hey guys, noticed how we miss new coins sometimes ? well we need a thread to post any new worthwhile coins, so may as well be this thread :)
Please do post only coins you figure may have a merit, may have a future, there are tons of copy paste coins out there and sadly few have the merit.
Discussion is highly welcome, but on the coin in subject.

lets get rolling, I know someone has something about a CPU coin launching today! please post it xsuperbgx :)
moho's VTC heads-up, its already going, but still good

UPDATE:
VTC discussion can be found here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743186
Maxcoin can be found here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743248
Riecoin (cpucoin) can be bound here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743374

Last edited:
:/
unless i can manage it via teamviewer on my lunch break, i wont be able to even download the miner/wallet until 5+ hours after launch :(

No maxcoin for me. BUT, 2 college classmates want in :)

140Kh on vertcoin, I have high hopes for it.

Oh, and thanks ZL1, for this thread. We needed it! :) :thup:

Seems like vertcoin can be our saving grace when asic miners come out for litecoin.

Maxcoin does start in a few hours. It is unclear if this is going to be a CPU mined coin or if they will release a GPU miner with it. Likely there will be a GPU very shortly after launch, if not released at launch. This seems to be a pretty heavily pumped one, will probably pumped for a while. Should be a pretty good one to mine and dump.

I've never jumped on a coin right at launch before; it seems to me that jumping on it right at launch would be the most profitable, but is getting at it a few days late still worth it?

Vert Coin looks really interesting and I'd like to put about 3Mh/s at it for a few days... plus it resists ASICs, like the viper, which I AM ALL ABOUT!

Radeon, in the past 7-8 hours, with my 2 280x, I've mined ~2 Vertcoin

Radeon, in the past 7-8 hours, with my 2 280x, I've mined ~2 Vertcoin

That's fantastic! I think I'll head home during lunch and get the wallet installed and get started. Can it be mined with CGminer? I've always just used middlecoin and hashco.ws in the past, so mining 1 specific coin is a new world to me.

I'm assuming you have 1.5Mh/s from those two cards, which means 1.5Mh/s will net you ~6 vertcoin in 24 hours... that's ~.06BTC per day. HELL YEAH MAN!

Need a new specific version of cgminer. It's available in the thread for it. And 280x actually gets like 330kh/s or so.

yes, this one http://vertcoin.org/#mining

i use it with m cgminer conf, seems to work, cgwatcher can even see it fine, but hashrate is about half of what you normally see on scrypt coins

Maxcoin update: delayed launch and someones premining .. not nice not nice

edit: there may be no premine, conflicting info, will have to wait til tomorrow and see i guess

Last edited:
Bitcoin talk got overloaded, so they delayed launch. They say there is no premining. People are just trolling . latest info seems to be on their twitter first.

They are going to try again tomorrow at the same time. 730gmt. There wasn't premine, that can be verified at launch by checking the blocks.

Does autotune not work with Vertcoin? My computer gets stuck at it and slows my computer down a lot. Was only getting 260 kH/s with config that gives me 700 on Cudaminer so thought I'd try autotune

Last edited:
Does autotune not work with Vertcoin? My computer gets stuck at it and slows my computer down a lot. Was only getting 260 kH/s with config that gives me 700 on Cudaminer so thought I'd try autotune

You need a special cgminer to mine vertcoin. Cudaminer will not work.

And since nvidia sux for mining, it might not be worth it....

Get the special miner here

Although, I have no idea how to run nvidia on cgminer....

You need a special cgminer to mine vertcoin. Cudaminer will not work.

And since nvidia sux for mining, it might not be worth it....

Get the special miner here

Although, I have no idea how to run nvidia on cgminer....

Vertcoin has already posted a "special miner" for nvidia cards.

http://vertcoin.org/

e/ after reading I have found low hash rates for Vertcoin is normal.

I've put 3 280x's on Vertcoin.

I have faith in this one as I believe it's really a step forward tech wise (no asic, no multipool).

Mined 10VTC over the last 24hrs with the 3 cards and keep the rig mining this one for the coming months. I don't dump and hold on the coins. This one might really breakthrough...

Heck! I did not pay for the mining rigs, it"s well worth a little gambling!

guys, although i know its still on the subject of vtc mining, its starting to slide off into a tech discussion :) please, lets keep it to the coins, otherwise it would be impossible for new people to make heads or tails of this, lets make a vtc mining how to thread ;) i am short on time right now, but i can make one in about an hour or someone is will to beat me to it ;)

EDIT: thread can now be found here, I will move the last couple posts over there shortly as well

Last edited:
Any info on how to setup the Cuda miner for Vertcoin? I've never tried it before, and although it already has a batch file setup, I don't understand the username/password portion. Username/password to what? A pool? What if I wanna mine solo to my own wallet?

Back