• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cryptocurrency exchange news

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I thought it might be good to have a heads-up thread for the latest news for crypto-coin currency exchanges.

First up, Bter has finally re-synced their blockchain and it is now possible to withdraw BTC. Though it hasn't show up in my wallet yet, it has only been 5 minutes.

Bter has also added MAX as a currency on their exchange.

btc-e being very slow lately, dunno why

bter changed pts deposit addresses ! if your mining pts to bter deposit, please stop, change address, email bter if there is a pending deposit to old addy

Bitcoin Exchange ‘Hitbtc’ Launches February 14th after $3M Investment
http://www.baystreet.ca/viewarticle.aspx?id=411977

February 16th, 2014 / ACCESSWIRE / With a $3M investment from a group of Israeli investors, the Hitbtc Exchange launches Friday, Feb. 14. The platform replicates the features of world-renowned exchanges, such as NYSE, NASDAQ and LSE.

The platform’s easy registration and clutter-less user interface will satisfy the needs of novice and professional traders alike. It offers effortless trading of the BTC/USD, BTC/EUR, LTC/USD and LTC/EUR currency pairs. Business accounts and market makers will be offered various incentives and premium market data services. A free tool offered to all users is the unique newsfeed ticker, which is constantly updated from various sources. The platform’s responsiveness and high-availability has already picked-up among several brokerage firms who have expressed an interest in developing desktop and mobile trading applications.

Visit https://hitbtc.com for more information.

Crypto-trade.com has been down for maintenance for a few hours now. I've been trying since 5:30am so about 3 1/2 hours at this point EST.

Crypto-trade said:
Update: We discovered a bug in our system which allowed someone to hack around $30 000. All coins are safe and we will pay ourself for the lost in order that any user doesn't suffer a lost. Crypto-trade.com will open back in 24-48 hours with trading halted. You will be able to withdraw your coins, USD and EUR. When all users will have been refunded, we will close the website for a undetermined period (2-3 weeks estimated) in order to fix our software and make a security audit to reopen later in best conditions. We hope you will keep trust in us, any user will have his money back without next days.

and that folks, is why you dont leave coins on an exchange (especially a "2nd tier" one) or mine directly into an exchange.

i hate dealing with exchanges. which is why i have avoided these newer "super profitable" coins and just stuck with auto-pools, which pay right to my BTC wallet. with these auto pools, worst i'll lose is a day of mining.

i do still mine a small amount of PTS with spare CPU power, but I send it to my local wallet until i have a few PTS, and send it to cryptsy when the exchange rate is good. and i pull out my BTC right away.

and that folks, is why you dont leave coins on an exchange (especially a "2nd tier" one) or mine directly into an exchange.

i hate dealing with exchanges. which is why i have avoided these newer "super profitable" coins and just stuck with auto-pools, which pay right to my BTC wallet. with these auto pools, worst i'll lose is a day of mining.

i do still mine a small amount of PTS with spare CPU power, but I send it to my local wallet until i have a few PTS, and send it to cryptsy when the exchange rate is good. and i pull out my BTC right away.

I agree, but I for one would like to not download every figgen wallet :p
Because downloading all those blockchains add up, and I only get 5 Gb/month.

XPM, PTS and now UTC are the only coins I have an up-to-date wallet for. ;)

I have a few wallets.

EAC
PTS
XPM
COYE
NYAN

EAC, NYAN and COYE have some coins in them, from launch mining, but i dont really use them. XPM is empty so it's never open, and PTS is the only one with stuff going to it and in use.

from scharmbeck twitter:
-scharmbeck.com may go offline for 30 days or more after 01 March. pls withdraw WDC funds that you have on deposit before that time

-we will advise account holders when regular access has been restored

-@rdtajj #scharmbeck will continue to offer products/services; it will take time to pull focus, but immediate efforts are underway

-@rdtajj we have not yet reached agreement on a timeframe; that notwithstanding, beginning last week, interim dividend mining has resumed

Got this email last night:

Dear Users of Poloniex,

As you may have heard, a hacker recently used an exploit to steal 12.3% of the Bitcoins on Poloniex. Details on how this happened can be found in this announcement post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580.0

In order to keep Poloniex solvent, all BTC balances were deducted yesterday by 12.3%. No further deductions will occur. As soon as I have time to put it up, you will be able to view exactly how much BTC you are missing on your Balances page.

I deeply regret that this happened, and am committed to repaying the debt and making Poloniex absolutely secure. Any exchange fees collected since the incident will be used to pay back the debt at regular intervals. Exchange fees will not be raised.

Additionally, shares of Poloniex may be issued, the profits from which would be used to repay the debt and hire highly qualified security experts. The timing and details of this, and indeed whether it will occur, have not been decided. I invite you all to give your input on these decisions by voting in the following poll and, if desired, leaving a comment: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500578.0

Since the incident occurred, the way withdrawals and order creation are handled has been redesigned so that all such requests are added to a global command queue, then processed sequentially. More automated checks for consistency of balances have been added. Larger percentages of coins have been moved into cold storage. And as of today, I am searching for additional developers to bolster the security of Poloniex as much as possible, and as soon as possible.

Here are some specific details about the hacker.

BTC addresses used to withdraw stolen funds to:

1ABnAg2nK3M6YKmaYtL5EBgdp1VQGyTbjL
18sdMt7ENfU3Weq7vy1Qdqr3skgd47WEbe
1Ktq7TE3J5vZ3c99M5weqKfFcNkHQdqPrq
1C1acLbFh3KaKgdFUBuCV8oD7ucqUaLLLY

IP addresses used to place the withdrawals:

Email addresses used to log in:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The total BTC stolen was about 97. The addresses will add up to more than that; this is because the hacker needed to deposit BTC several times in order to use the exploit.

Finally, I would like to extend my deepest gratitude toward the many people who have shown their support, who have vouched for my character, and who have offered help. In this time of extreme and continual stress and worry, I truly appreciate it. I will do everything in my power to return your funds to you as soon as possible, and I am grateful for your patience in the meantime.

Sincerely,
Tristan

qq.com appears to be some chinese news site or something.....
Kinda like the MSN homepage after you log out of hotmail.

I hope you didn't loose a lot of BTC.. :(

qq.com appears to be some chinese news site or something.....
Kinda like the MSN homepage after you log out of hotmail.

I hope you didn't loose a lot of BTC.. :(

Not a one. I don't leave BTC in exchanges long term. Once I've got enough to transfer out at about a 1% fee, I do it. I think I used them for riecoin or the like, and transferred everything out right away.

Back