• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Akasa InterConnect EX Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi! i'm a new member!

I have two questions.
Are the Sata and Molex power connections just an option for the user or using both can be beneficial when using both usb powered ports?
Is the usb 2.0 an optional port for those who don't have the usb 3.0 on the Motherboard or both plugged togheter allows higher thruput under stressed conditions? Ex: when all ports been used at its max speeds.
thanks!

I have two questions.
Are the Sata and Molex power connections just an option for the user or using both can be beneficial when using both usb powered ports?
Is the usb 2.0 an optional port for those who don't have the usb 3.0 on the Motherboard or both plugged togheter allows higher thruput under stressed conditions? Ex: when all ports been used at its max speeds.
thanks!

There are four USB3, and connect through USB3 plugs, incompatible with a USB2-only board. To connect the Akasa you must use one of these, and plug the ends into a USB3 card that plugs into a PCIe slot.

The other two USB ports - 2 of them -- are power only, with 12V supplied by the Molex connector. I can tell you about all this because I use the device in my own machine, mainly for its card reader.

Back