• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA X299 Micro Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

With thanks going to EVGA, I have the X299 Micro *motherboard on the test bench today. This is one of the few mATX X299 motherboards available currently.*According to EVGA this board will support all Core i9, even the big dog, 18 core/36 thread i9 7980XE. All I can test with currently is the Core i9 7900X so let's dive in and see how the X299 Micro holds up.

Click here to view the article.

Boards with half of the DIMM slots like this one tend to have better memory OC capabilities than ones with the standard number, how did the EVGA fare in this regard?

I found it hard to get the bandwidth I expected out of. I think they need a more mature BIOS

It should just clip on, might need a bit of force

I finally got one of them attached. My wife was able to do it. She has smaller hands and can see a lot better.

She thinks I broke the other one. I must have pushed too hard on it when it was not over it correctly.

I don't plan to use this much.

Wifi really only needs one antenna. I guess this uses two antenna for the MIMO. This will be disconnected from the Internet most of the time. It is strickly for video editing.

Back