• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4 t-bird 266 bus with pc 100 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dilosolid

Registered
i got a 1.4 t-bird 266 can i run this cpu with 133 bus with my pc100 ram that would be overclock or not??

You would be overclocking your memory quite a bit and I doubt that you would be able to run it that high for very long, if at all.

Probably going to need to upgrade to some PC133 or grab a motherboard that accepts DDR and get some PC2100+ to get it all to run the way it's supposed to.

You may be able to run it at HSTCLK -33 to keep you processor at 1.4GHz but you will be losing quite a bit of bandwidth overall.

Yup best if you dish out a little more money to get a DDR board and support the 1.4 Tbird and get what you paid for. Your losing lots of performance running that on SD Ram.

Yes anything running over stock speeds is overclocking. The PC100 ram wont holdup for much so beware.

Yodums

Back