• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10/100 wan side router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Annoyingrob

Are there any routers with a 10/100 wan connection as opposed to just 10Mbit? I contacted Linksys, and they say that they don't plan on making any soon.

I'm sure you could fine a corporate supplier that has them, but consumer markets don't seem to have a market. I want one because I'm thinking of upgrading my internet service to VDSL, which is a 50Mbit connection

Well, you could set up a linux box to be a router for you. Stick a couple 10/100 cards in it and setup IP Masq and you'll be all set. :)

Yeah, I figured I would have to use a pc as a router. Ok then, I guess I set up a pc.

To Rugby: No my connection is not 50Mbit, but the new VDSL service available in some areas is.

I have the Netgear RT314 4-port router with NAT. The WAN-side connection is 10Mbit, which is far faster than the modem D/L rate, and the LAN-side has a 10/100 switch which all of my machines connect to at 100Mbit. No problems and very fast pc-pc transfer rates.

Back