• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1080p on a hp dc7600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TopGun

I am experimenting doing 1080p on an older hp/compaq d7600 small form factor pc while its an old PC 3.0GHz Pentium 4 1GB DDR Ram it does have a PCI-E 16x slot low profile. I tried a new 1GB DDRIII geforce 210 which has 1080p on the box with a HDMI slot and it doesn't do 1080p not even on my other dual core 64bit. Now I am thinking that the blu ray quality has some graphic card onboard codec plexing decoding hardware that the entry level cards do not have. Any suggestions on what card can deliver glitchless blu ray quality on such an old box being low profile and hdmi out if any.

specs
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/e...2132884-12221730-12221860-77102439.html?dnr=1

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forums TopGun! What do you mean it "doesn't do 1080p", specifically? Does it not let you select the resolution? Does it not play smoothly?

If it doesn't output the resolution, it can be one of a couple things. Either the video card can't output the resolution (not likely), the driver doesn't specify that as a valid resolution (likely), or the resolution isn't supported by the monitor. There is also the chance it thinks the monitor can't do the resolution and is hiding it.

If you are running XP, right click the desktop, go to Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, and uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". Hit ok out of both windows and try to set the resolution again.

Back