• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

113Mhz on A7V...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

I was testing out my "new" A7V(100) revision 1.04 and got the fsb up to 113Mhz stable. I thought I heard some people say they couldn't get older ones that high. I'm going to play with some I/O voltages and some other things to see if I can get it any higher. It won't really help anything to get it that high, but I'm sure some of you would be interested to know what it can do. I'll tell you guys if I'm sucessful at 115Mhz or above.

-=mac=-

UPDATE: I raised the I/O voltage to the next level (that was the only option higher than default) and actually had it running stable at 117Mhz through loops of 3DMark. I didn't test anything above 117Mhz because of the PCI bus going over 40Mhz and the fact that CPUCool ended up conflicting with another program I installed to see the speed of the RAM.

-=mac=-

That's really nice!

Nice work there! Did u add some extra cooling on the north/south bridges or the PLL?

At the moment everything is stock... I'v got some extra time today so I might throw a few fans on there and see what happens. If I get to 133Mhz (doubt that!) I apoligisize in advance for the coming appocolypse of which it surely signals. Actually I bet that if I took out the sound card it would work a little better. I'll keep you updated.

-=mac=-

LApp the green heatsink on the north bridge
its baddly not flat ! then some thermal paste
and a fan would help on the northbridge

the clock gen on my A7V would be very hot

i put a little heatsink on it and it stableized my system alot

hope any of this helps

Do you know whether any of the multiplier changes in the 1005 series of bios releases work for your board? I heard someone say they only work on boards rev 1.04 or later - but I haven't heard from anyone able to use bios multiplier changes yet. Congrats on the high fsb - as Azz says, concentrating on the cooling for your northbridge would probably help, as might cooling the clock generator - it's below the dipswitches. You might get to 120MHz that way, that would be damn impressive for a KT133 board. Go for it :)

Back