• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19 inch widescreens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do!

19" Viewsonic Widescreen.... VA1912wb.

What would you like to know? Do I love it? Yes. It was the greatest purchase this computer ever got. Upgraded from a 17" CRT about a month ago... and its just glorious.

So what would you like to know? :cool:

I've had one since early December, so about 2 months now. It's great, the only thing you may have to do is figure out how to run your games with widescreen resolutions but other than that, I have no complaints at all.

The Acer AL1916WB and Proview 19" use the same panel as the Viewsonic VA1912wb. The Acer does not include DVI, not sure if the Proview does or not but the Viewsonic does include both DVI and VGA.

any backlight issues with the viewsonic??
i assume ghosting isnt an issue

None that I have seen, and ghosting hasn't been a problem at all.
I play mostly Source games (HL2, DoDS, etc) and they run amazingly well on my system... running at 1440 X 900 (max res for this monitor). Colors are great. No dead pixels. Couldn't be happier.

Waiting for a video to get verified by google to show some of the monitor.

I also own this LCD, bought mine locally at costco 299$ :santa: and so far I am very happy. Only minor backlighting issue, mine seems a bit un-even, but I can deal and I don't even notice it. Another it defult is very very bright, but tone it down and your good.

Oooohhh yes! (and how).

Valve has builtin widescreen support. It has a aspect ratio option (4:3, 16:9, 16:10) and then certian resolutions for each. Check out WideScreenGamingForums.com for all the information you can get on widescreen gaming.

And a few HL2 widescreen (1440X900) screenshots to taught you:).

BTW, mine cost $320.00 off amazon.com.

went to fry's and bought it today for 350, i kno it's a bit cheaper online but i got it tax exempt so i didnt mind quite as much. i have to say it is beautiful. i didnt expect it to be as bright as it was. hooking up the dvi to my 7800gt and cs:s looks amazing. very happy i decided to get this sexy monitor

are you guys running at 75 refresh rate? i cant seem to get it at 75 only at the lowest (60)

shhhpark said:
are you guys running at 75 refresh rate? i cant seem to get it at 75 only at the lowest (60)

Running at 60, never even attempted with 75... any benifit for an LCD? I don't notice any flickering at 60 with an LCD.

Back