• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ is out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrQ

cool, 2100+ is out! aaiii... dunno when 2200+ is goin to b out... i'll b waiting!

haha, well... the prices' out on the AMD site. and there is an article on toms hardware

DrQ said:
haha, well... the prices' out on the AMD site. and there is an article on toms hardware

I'll go look for it but you might think about linking it the next time so all can read it.:)

the prices are so STUPID more than $300 last time I checked...who would spend that on a processor when you can O/C to that speed....but hey the 2000+ prices dropped to $200 now ;)

Spec

I wonder if the T'bred is going to follow the model number with 2200. I've read from a bunch of places that the 2100xp will probably be the last palomino. In case anyone missed the news, the T'breds are coming out at the end of the month.

Tom's Article.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020313/index.html

"Add to that the fact that, with its Pentium 4/2200, arch enemy Intel is not exactly an overwhelming enemy, and so AMD isn't feeling much pressure to beef up performance. "

Interesting quote from Tom's Hardware.:D

The Athlon XP 2100+ was outperformed by the P4/2200 only when it came to 'office performance'. In some disciplines not based on optimized software, the Athlon XP 2100+ even reached the level of a Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz, which will not be introduced until early April. Don't forget that only using a Rambus platform will enable the Intel Pentium 4 to perform to the max.

This stands in stark contrast to Intel officially turning its back on serial memory technology and its embracing of DDR SDRAM. The monopoly has clearly been influenced by the market in this aspect. AMD paints a different picture, though. The Athlon XP works better with DDR RAM and can reach considerably higher clock speeds after the die shrink - at least in theory.

Sounds like Tom is starting to sing a different tune?:cool:

Last edited:
Back