• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected] I Love this Chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaptorMCSE

Registered
HI, all I just bought a Asus A7N8X-Deluxe

I also have a XP1700+ JIUHB 0310WPMW that I am running @ [email protected] VC. I just bought some PC3200 Crucial 2X512

I have had this chip to 2400 but am having a problem after booting into windows, about 20 seconds after login system locks up, I upped the VC to 1.65 and this did not help. I really dont want to go any higher but My gut feeling is this chip will do 2.5-2.6 anyway check out my sig for more details

Man this feels good and who would think a retail box 1700+ for $62 would do all of this

If you replace that volc 9 of yours w/ a thermaltake slk-800 or
sk-7 heatsink w/ a tornado or delta 80 fan, you'll be able keep your temps a lot lower even at a higher core voltage and o/c much higher.

Or an AX-7 $18 at svc.

But congratulations, I just love these 1700+'s, and I am proud to say that I am a proud owner of a 1700+ tbred.

I was always a 1700+ fan, in fact I first ordered mine for my new system in December of 2001.

thanks guys my temps with the volcano are really not that bad 30c idle and the highest i have ever seen was 35c under load

I will bump up the voltage and see what this thing can really do, wish me luck

Mine will do 2.5 at 1.775v. Anything lower and Prime fails instantly. AT 1.775v it'll run Prime, memtest86 or 3DMark happily all night

Mine will run 2.5 at 1.875v happily, but the temps go through the roof at like 57C, so I tend to keep it in the 2.4 range with a vcore of 1.825v.

as you can see in my sig I got 2.4 easily:D....I haven't even tried to go higher....maiinly because my temps...once I get a rheostat I will go for 2.5-2.6 which shouldn't be to hard...just wich I had some better ram:D.....although I have taken this ram to 220..I can't keep it stable that high...:D

yeah your tellen me...hehe I just kept moving it up and up and kept booting into windows just fine..my vdimm is like 3.03 heh.....but yeah ran toast and everything fine....I stopped at 220 cause I was like there is no way I can keep this up...tested and found I can run like 8x220.....but opted for 11x200:D...I have been able to hit 12x200 with this setup...but I turned my tornado way.......down and my temps are to hot for 2.4 all the time.....anywho....I actually pushed it to 225 cause I felt invicible....but alas it started freezing on bios...so between 200-225 is my max for this ram..which I thought was good enough:D

I wish my generic PC2700 that I had before I got this Kingston would do speeds like that. I couldn't even get it to post at 166Mhz FSB.

I find these chips will do 2.3GHz with barely a little above default voltage. I know mine will do 2.3 easy at 1.6v, stable(1.65v in BIOS but board undervolts to 1.6v). But anything above that, she needs more. 2.5GHz needs an extra 0.175v

:eek:

Rockin chips

i could get mine to 2.4 at 1.85 vcore, and it did 2.1 happy at 1.5v

but i wasnt happy with the temps at 2.4, it toped up 51°C full load, the heatsink was too hot to touch.

so now im runing at 2.3 @ 1.775, im sure the vcore can go down to 1.75 but i dont know, i dont wanna risk it as im folding 24/7 :D

Whats your fsb? Where did you get that chip?

The highest entry in the cpu dbase is 2.5Ghz on air (slk 800 / smartfan 2) at 1.85 vcore and that was on a soltek board. You haven't broken 1.6vcore yet. I want i want.

Last edited:
Back