• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ 333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shogan191

I am seeing posts that the 2600+ 333 unlike the 27 is shipping unlocked. Have any of you heard anything about this? Thanks in advance.

That's what I'm wondering. Unlocked is unlocked. Don't understand what the board would have to do with it.

I see you give stars here for knowing diddlysquat. Nice to have a star. I was at nexttonuttin for the longest, so diddlysquat is nice.

Last edited:
My XP2400+ gives me all multis from x5 to x12.5 on a KT333 board, x13 and above give me weird results though....

Well, the reason is that the T-bred B's do not allow changing of multipliers on all motherboards. For the most part, you will need a KT400 or nForce2 to use all the multipliers below 12.5X. Some people have fluked out and have gotten the T-bred B's to unlock successfully on there KT333 but only a handful of people and I woulnt trust that.

The XP2600+ 333FSB processor is a dream for people who own the KT400 or nForce2. Its not too high multiplier would allow for a possbile 200MHz FSB without having to change the multiplier.

OC-Master

I wish I had the money to buy one of these chips. What are the temps everyone is getting from these? As the core is so much smaller than XPs alah the 2200+, and now the FSBs have been pushed up by the factory...what are the temps everyone is getting? I know most of the temps will be from watercooled machines in this forum, but what are they?

I don't think many have the new 333 chips yet as most places started shipping them Friday or today.

As far as heat goes I am running a 2200 at 2ghz and temp never goes above 45c under full load. I will post my results with the new chip later this week, I am expecting it to run much cooler being a revB.

So is there an advantage for the 2600+333 over the 2700? Or are they both unlocked and the 2700 is just more mhz? Thanks for all the replys btw. I want so bad to get one of these but there is a lot of conflicting info flying around. Thanks for helping me get a grip on it. I've been leaning towards the nforce board anyway. A7N 8x. If there is no difference between the 2700 333 and 2600 333 I'll probably just get the 2700.

oc-master I think I see what your saying. You're saying that the default multiplier is so low to begin with that you won't have t lower it to achieve a fsb of 200. What is the multiplier set at?

Last edited:
Back