• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AN7 v1.0 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
you can find the review by Mr.B right here:
http://www.overclockers.com/articles957/

all and all i would say well done Brian.
But one thing you didnt test that i am very interested in.

CPU interface Enabled
and High FSB.

If you still have any way to test this, it would be great.

What i am looking for is:
What is the Max FSB you can post at with CPU interface enabled with a 10x multiplier
and whats the max FSB you can have CPU interface enabled with a 10.5X multiplier

As with the NF7 board, people cant do that in past the 230 range.. some are even limited to the 225FSB range with 10x and 10.5x.

once again, good write up

It's early and perhaps I was inattentive, but I failed to see any mention of what appears to be a change in how the CPU core temperature reading is derived. In This post almost a year ago, I described the dilemma that Abit created and looking at the side-by-side pictures in Brians article, I see the ATTP1 chip is no longer present in the CPU socket well, nor does the thermistor seem to be present. It would be informative to know if Abit went back to porting the CPU thermal diode to one of the Winbond chip inputs.

Hoot

Unfortunately, the board has already been returned to Newegg, so I cannot definitively answer these two questions (CPU interface Enabled and High FSB, and porting the CPU thermal diode)

The DDR I have doesn't seem to like 200+ speed (oddly, for PC3200 spec Corsair).

I've tried a few different multis, and the highest I ever got remotely close to stable was 209 or 210, running the CPU/DDR at 1:1.

With the AN7 being as closely related as it is, there's a good chance the same situation would occur, jAY. I honestly didn't push that, as I'd sort of tried it on the NF7-S, with no luck (but again, it might be my ram just doesn't want to play nice).

I'll do a bit of experimenting further on my NF7-S, and if I read anything on the AN7 in regards to this or the thermal diode issue Hoot mentioned, I'll post any findings here.

B.

Mr B said:

The DDR I have doesn't seem to like 200+ speed (oddly, for PC3200 spec Corsair).

I've tried a few different multis, and the highest I ever got remotely close to stable was 209 or 210, running the CPU/DDR at 1:1.

With the AN7 being as closely related as it is, there's a good chance the same situation would occur, jAY.

B.

That is exactly why you should have tried it. If you couldn't get any higher with the AN7 it wouldn't have told us anything. But if you could have gotten further it would have been nice to know.

Don't sweat it though. No matter how much you test people will always want something more or something done diferent, we're greedy like that.

Staz said:
Don't sweat it though. No matter how much you test people will always want something more or something done diferent, we're greedy like that.

yeah, what he said

Back