• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

29" 2560 x 1080 vs. 27" 2560 x 1440

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

So apparently June is monitor sale mania time and I still have one of those ancient 1920X1080 monitors that I would like to replace.

There are three monitors that I am looking at specifically and I don't know which to choose. I game, multitask, watch movies, the whole deal. My main concern is color temp and contrast. Some monitors simply don't do it for me. They look too contrasty or not contrasty enough. I'm always forced to edit the settings myself and even then sometimes I find myself displeased. In any case, here are the monitors I am looking at. Let me know what you think.

QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution 2

X-STAR DP2710LED Samsung PLS

AOC q2963Pm Black 29" 5ms

The real trick in all of this will be coming up with the money :shock:

The QNIX and X-STAR are the same panel by samsung, just wrapped in a different manufacturers plastic box. IMO go for the 2560x1440 because you first stated that you to game. The resolution is amazing for games and trust me, it's plenty wide. No need for ultrawide.

Back