• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0E oc 3.6 Questions ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elpeo-Ple

Registered
Hi everyone, I am new to here to this forum and found this forum is really friendly and helpful ^^ here is my question:
I recently purchased 3.0E (SL7KB) and i oc it with 240 fsbmhz (1.365V)
however, i tested with prime95 x2 last night (i choose large FTT with 459 mb ram available), the test was stopped at 3.5 hours and record one error
I wounder should i push up the Vcore a bit..
should this be "stable" ? boz i am afriad to push the vcore too high ( i tried 1.375V is about 58 'c full load).Thanks you ^^

P.S my pc could be run under 1.325v but i just dunno if it is too low
(I ran the blend test but it could not pass 1 mins..)

here is my config
p4 3.0E + Zalman 7000-CU
p4p800 SE + Samsung pc 3200
Antec 2600-BQE
vcore - 1.365 (38'c Idle/50'c load)

Last edited:
58C is a bit on the hot side, upping the vcore won't help your temperatures and because of that probably won't help your overclock.

maybe upgrade cooling? :(

MasterCraft said:
58C is a bit on the hot side, upping the vcore won't help your temperatures and because of that probably won't help your overclock.

maybe upgrade cooling? :(
water cooling? XD $$$$.. :cry:
i just add 0.1 to my vagp to see if it can run more stable..

You have a good Zalman heatsink, so you should be fine if you improve case ventilation a little. With a Prescott, 60 degrees load temp is ok, but I would not go much higher. Look at the links in my signature for cooling ideas.

Ok, at 240 FSB using a low 1.365v you are soooo close to being stable. I bet a little bump in vcore is all you need. Don't be afraid to use up to 1.4v as long as your cooling can handle it. Prescotts need good case ventilation.

batboy said:
You have a good Zalman heatsink, so you should be fine if you improve case ventilation a little. With a Prescott, 60 degrees load temp is ok, but I would not go much higher. Look at the links in my signature for cooling ideas.

Ok, at 240 FSB using a low 1.365v you are soooo close to being stable. I bet a little bump in vcore is all you need. Don't be afraid to use up to 1.4v as long as your cooling can handle it. Prescotts need good case ventilation.
Thank you for your suggestions^^
i will buy an 80mm fan to the front of my case tomorrow and try to run 1.375v ^^

I have read your article and decide to add a fan on the side duct
but i wouder should the fan blow-in or blow-out?.
and does this help to lower my cpu temperature?

Better case ventilation means cooler air inside the case. If you have cooler air blowing across the CPU heatsink, then yes the CPU will be a little cooler. With my case, I used an 80mm in the front as an intake, the side cover fan is blowing in, the rear fan is an exhaust, then I also have a top blowhole that is an exhaust. You might not need the top fan. Technically, the power supply fan is also an exhaust, although not as much air is pulled out the PSU because it has to circulate around all the PSU innards.

Back