• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.1Ghz Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it's stable...... The cpu is a XP2500M IQYHA0408RPMW on a Abit NF-7s(unmodded) oh and as for ram I've kingston bh5.It's cooled by a Mach 2 GT, I'll run more benches a little later and post back the results ;)

bass said:
Yes it's stable...... The cpu is a XP2500M IQYHA0408RPMW on a Abit NF-7s(unmodded) oh and as for ram I've kingston bh5.It's cooled by a Mach 2 GT, I'll run more benches a little later and post back the results ;)

Crank that FSB... !

OC Detective said:
So you have BH5 yet you are not upping the FSB - why? BTW how do you know if it is BH5?

Because it does 200 11/2/2/2 at 2.5v and won't post at cas 3 ;)

jAY said:
FSB bus, FSB...
When gona drop the multiplier and crank that????

As soon as I've modded my board mate..... this the highest so far no 100% stable but I am working on it,I'll have a PCpower&cooling 510 here in a few days which should help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 338
I have seen another person with that type mobile at 2.8. They could be good chips. Maybe someone with air cooling can post some results.

Damn thats one hell of an overclock.
What would that be in comparison to an P4?
4.2Ghz??

I bet that thing is great.
Well done mate!

oc_byagi said:
I think it's just an artifact under "instruction" field, at least it's a possibility. I don't think anyone who even bother photoshopping would leave something that obvious left on their pic. I'm sure it's barely running at that speed tho, should run around 2.9ghz with stability.

Also notice "unknown CPU 'typ,'" wrong output from unstability?

Unknown CPU Type is a result of the motherboard not knowing what the chip is. An example of this is running a Mobile chip on a normal motherboard. Mine used to show unknown cpu type until I updated my bios. Now it shows "Duron" because my L2 cache is ****ed (L2 reports only 64k instead of the 256k.. bunk chip).

-Frank

very nice cpu clocks but that 200fsb is killing you. a 250x10 would match you. do some vdimm and l12 mods and get the fsb to at least 240!

Unknown CPU Type is a result of the motherboard not knowing what the chip is. An example of this is running a Mobile chip on a normal motherboard. Mine used to show unknown cpu type until I updated my bios. Now it shows "Duron" because my L2 cache is ****ed (L2 reports only 64k instead of the 256k.. bunk chip).

I was referring to how his cpuz misspelled "type" as "typ" at the end making me wonder if it was a bug or unstability. I guess not then.

Back