• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2 Northwood

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkyoneboy

Registered
hi guys i got myself a 478 3.2 northwood.. Running on my Abit IC7 how far do they clock to??

ive clocked it to 3.4 at the mo just seein g how it goes?

regards

steve

All depends on the chip and how well your cooling solution works. The Northwoods are typically very good OCers (I had a 2.4GHz northie that would do 3.8 with relative ease). You should see 3.6GHz, perhaps a little more, with a reasonable vcore increase.

sofarfrome said:
The Northwoods are typically very good OCers (I had a 2.4GHz northie that would do 3.8 with relative ease). You should see 3.6GHz, perhaps a little more, with a reasonable vcore increase.

On the other hand, I have two 2.4 northies here that won't go above 3.0, no matter what the voltage, although they are stable at 3.0...Memory was kingston hyperX DDR500, but didn't even get close to maxing it out...Cooling was Zalman 7700.

Yeah, but be careful, I had a 3.0 northie that I took to 3.2 and it crashed and from then on it would not boot at one herz higher than 3.05 lol...I just had the worst luck with them....

I have a 3.0C Northwood in my HTPC. It'll do 3.75 gig with good cooling and a modest voltage increase.

Back