• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

478 3.4 Extreme Edition???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkyoneboy

Registered
Hi guys

I thinking of a upgarde of chip my 478 2.4b northwood its still hanging on clocked at 3 gig

but i was thinking of maxing out my abit Ic7 ive heard the 3.4EE will work in the ic7 but needs a bois change ?? so i heard from here

what bois do i need ?? for 3.4 EE not sure if i have the right one??

or shall i just get a normal 3.4 northwood / presscott if i can find One ?

regards

steve

the only thing left would be to step up to a 3.0c and they oc about 3.4-3.6ghz. im not sure about the EE's so i cant comment on those.

I would not spend anything on that system. Save your pounds for a new Core 2 Duo system.

It looks like you need at least BIOS version 18 for P-4 Extreme Edition support. Personally, I would just update to the most recent version, which is 28.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/downloads.php?file=/downloads/bios/ic7/ic728.exe

Guess the link I sent you in PM don't work.

Unless you get a super bargain on an EE, I don't think they are worth the money, sort of expensive from what I've seen. Just get a cheap 3.0C Northwood, most will do 3.5 to 3.75 gig with good cooling. Alternatively, a 3.2E Prescott would do ok if you have good case ventilation. The Prescotts need a BIOS update too.

the extreme's dont oc hardly at all... id def get a 3.0e and oc it to 3.7-3.8 .. get a prescott, they oc way better than the northwoods... 31-stage pipeline much stabler under speed... rememember netburst was supposed to scale to 8ghz+ :)

but yea im finally making the c2d switch... cant take 30+ sec 1m super times anymore.

Back