• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

65 c on a 2500+ barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PottaCoola

i got a coolmaster cooldream fan and heat sink 3000 - 5300 and i just brought a new acri lic case with 5 fans, it feals very cool inside psu feals cool too and even the cpu heat sink feals cool but in my bios it says the processor is 65 c thats what i dont get and every review i see on this processor they say they get 30 - 40 cwhy cant i, is it my motherboard not reading it right do i need to flash it? any help ppls

l7vta 1.0
350w psu

Your motherboard could be reading the INTERNAL thermal diode in modern Athlon XP cores (T-bred and Barton) in which case the temperature is alright. If the board is reading the temperature in the socket, then the temp is too high.

If you are stable in windows, try running a better monitor like Motherboard Monitor 5... http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and see if the temperatures still read high.

my friend gave me that befor and when i tryed it the temps didnt show they was all at 0 c
________________________-
ahh i just got that and set it up and it shows 58c for the processor with fan on 3100 normal speed and case at 31c and my fsb is on 170 or 270 in bios

Last edited:
Back