• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT AGP Cooling Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've arranged to have him evaluate one and compare it to the reference cooler as well. Review units will be sent out in the coming weeks. :)

As for the picture every Geforce 6600GT AGP user has been dreaming of, I present to you the footprint left by the heatsink and thermal paste on the card:

Attachments

• Thermal Paste Contact.jpg
    Thermal Paste Contact.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:
I really like that sort of design over others. Just the aesthetics are nice looking. If it worked on the 9550/9600 I would be buying one but I can see why the 6600 would be your card of choice for this as you're really the only game in town with a design for the 6600 series. IIRC The Arctic NV Silencer for the 6600 has been delayed. Good job on Shanghai-ing the big guys ;).

Thanks. I'm looking forward to sharing my hard work with other 6600GT AGP users.
To follow up that last shot, here is the footprint left on the heatsink itself. The thermal paste didn't get time to settle in as this picture was taken without even having run the card! When broken in the paste spreads even more completely. :)
This is why precision CNC machining and careful design pays off...

Attachments

• Heatsink Thermal Paste Footprint.jpg
    Heatsink Thermal Paste Footprint.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:
Very nice, VERY.

As a suggestion, a second version that pulls air from the outside fo the case, via the PCI slot adjacent to the card, that would be WAY slick. I love the fan mounting.

Last edited:
I wonder how much more of an O/C I would get over stock. right now my evga 6600GT is running 565/1000, and scoring 21K in 01 with win2k3, I think 23k is possiable with win2k :clap:

yea, jas's idea is VERY good

how bout 4 models:

The one now
The one now that uses an adjacent PCI slot
A solid copper one with this design
A Solid copper one that uses an adjacent PCI slot..

a copper one would be nuts... it would be expensive for stasis too, but once they get a good base (they will from this heatsink/fan), they should get a more copper-based cooler =P

and move onto other cards, if they did this good, they are bound to do hella good with the rest of the nV 6 series

Very expensive to make all those designs, and also, consumer9000 has already commented on all-copper setups.

If its in the 30 dollar range, i will buy, cause so far it looks sick, and i like those numbers.

I wish it were feasible to deliver all those design variations Snake, but the amount of cost and time to develop such product variations would be prohibitive. Currently this is not a profitable venture, though it is our hope that with time we will be able to expand our product line and reduce the production costs. We are more or less the specialty "skunkworks" if you will of the cooling products industry. Small batches of hand crafted specialty parts - naturally such products will carry a premium price, but you get what you pay for. :thup:
In the works is a cooling solution for the 6800 series videocards, and murmors of the NV50 can be heard here in the Bay Area... ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback...happy oc'ing!

Attachments

• CNC Shot.jpg
    CNC Shot.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
I see really great machine on photo :D
With such high-tech cooler can't be cheap because of high manufacturing cost.

If you use good method to link copper part with aluminum, that cooler may be really great. It's very important place - many companies can't deal with this link issue.

Definetly a great looking cooler, though I'd prefer a design that exhausts the heat directly out the back of the case like the Silencers do. Don't need all that heat messing with my other parts. :)

The manufacturing is definitely top tier. Machining is done on state of the art Hurco CNC machines, at an ISO9002 facility who's clients are typically the Government, Mattson, Applied Materials and Axion to name a few. Each part spends over 20 minutes being CNC'ed, and then recieves another 20-30 minutes of hands on attention where it is deburred, lapped, and polished.
Bonding the copper to the aluminum is not cheap - but courtesy of Arctic Silver's excellent thermal adhesive, and good prep work we are able to achieve superb results. After each part is milled, the faces to be glued are bead blasted and etched before being glued together with freshly mixed Arctic Silver epoxy. They are clamped in a precision press for 20 minutes and are heated lightly to accelerate the cure.
All in all, each unit recieves an hour of attention, which is why the price is where it's at.

At current prices we are hovering around the break even point. It's for the love of the hobby - we aim to build a reputation that is well deserved. :thup:

Last edited:
Back