• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7200 RPM Laptop HD & battery...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

Okay, here is my dilemma, I use my laptop computer in class to take notes as general use at home. Today, I had the hard drive fail on me (heck of a time, right during finals week) so I am trying to figure out what kind of hard drive to get. I am thinking of getting one of those 7200 RPM drives just because I have read that they really improve performance and my laptop often acts sluggish (which drives me nuts). What I am wondering is how badly it will hurt my battery life. I have a Tosiba Satellite Pro m15-S405 which is a centrino computer that gets about 5.5 hours of battery life. I am just not sure how much of a hit I am going to take (also, I am fairly sure that I can use that hard drive, but if someone knows that I can't please tell me). Just trying to figure out my options! Thanks! Please (if you can) email responses to [email protected], I will just get them faster that way (since I have no computer). Thanks!

Hi,

Good news. If you are thinking about a 7K60 (basically the only 7200 RPM widely available drive this days), it is all goodness... as you said, it improves performace considerably over any other option... moreover, it does NOT use more power than 5400 drives... I got one last march and I am more than happy. I did not lose a single battery operation minute...

Back