• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7750 let us see what happens!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK tightening timings even more than last post was inconsequential. I guess this cpu is at Zenith:beer:

Now that is how I define a successful OC and tweak session any questions:)

well wait a minute, i am sure you can probally get your processor going faster than that but theres a few things that dont make sence....

so ok 6 gigs of ram, 2x2gig and 2x1gig all at 667Mhz i think thats problem number one, the processor is the memory controller and trying to divide it down so far puts a huge bottleneck on it, on top of the whole 2 different sizes thing. i say go for some cheap, faster ram. i am thinkin 4 gigs of atleast 800Mhz ram with better timings (and more head room) will more than out perform 6 gigs of slow stuff with high timings.

the g.skill i got is doing close to 1000 and its rated to 800. i want to try to get to 1066 but i am at an odd spot where one divider goes way to far or if i change multipliers and fsb's and stuff then it wont be fast enough. so either to little or too much. i dont see why they couldnt do 1066

another thing is check out the bios.
http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=000142

its a popular thing for the dividers to be off on biostar boards, its happend with 2 so far that i have owned, like the 667Mhz divider is acually 800Mhz in normal then when max mem clock is enabled its 1066. funkyness like that.
they also have alot of biostar related stuff at rebels

well wait a minute, i am sure you can probally get your processor going faster than that but theres a few things that dont make sence....

so ok 6 gigs of ram, 2x2gig and 2x1gig all at 667Mhz i think thats problem number one, the processor is the memory controller and trying to divide it down so far puts a huge bottleneck on it, on top of the whole 2 different sizes thing. i say go for some cheap, faster ram. i am thinkin 4 gigs of atleast 800Mhz ram with better timings (and more head room) will more than out perform 6 gigs of slow stuff with high timings.

the g.skill i got is doing close to 1000 and its rated to 800. i want to try to get to 1066 but i am at an odd spot where one divider goes way to far or if i change multipliers and fsb's and stuff then it wont be fast enough. so either to little or too much. i dont see why they couldnt do 1066

another thing is check out the bios.
http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=000142

its a popular thing for the dividers to be off on biostar boards, its happend with 2 so far that i have owned, like the 667Mhz divider is acually 800Mhz in normal then when max mem clock is enabled its 1066. funkyness like that.
they also have alot of biostar related stuff at rebels

I can run @ 3.5 stable but cooling is an issue. As far as the memory I was only looking at timings as to mem speed to do an all out comparison with real testing as I am sick of people playing down the effects of timings on this forum but that is another story. If I had 1066 @CAS 4 or 5 it would definately round out this system I was actually looking at this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231195 and I might be able to get it down to 4 @ 1066 kind of doubt it though. As to the mem dividers all has been confirmoe by sandra and CPUZ I did have problems with my brizzy and memory speed but that was a cpu design issue I just bumped the link to run my memory at the proper speed.

As to why I ran it at 3 well it was my median clock as max nominal AMD recommended voltage.

As to your issues with the memory an it being a bottle neck that really only applies in synthetics and very few apps (if any) as stated earlier it is all about what you want to do with the system.

Last edited:
Archer, I apprec the time and effort spent testing and documenting this cpu.We have very similar systems and I'm considering an upgrade from the 6000 windsor to the 7750 Kuma, especially since the price has dropped $20 since this thread started. From your findings working with this proc, is it a worthwhile upgrade for games and some video? It appears to kill the 6000 on synth benchmarks like Sandra.

I also notice your biostar shows a 10 deg c difference in system temp vs cpu temp at startup.:screwy: How can that be, shouldn't they both be room temp?

Last edited:
Archer, I apprec the time and effort spent testing and documenting this cpu.We have very similar systems and I'm considering an upgrade from the 6000 windsor to the 7750 Kuma, especially since the price has dropped $20 since this thread started. From your findings working with this proc, is it a worthwhile upgrade for games and some video. It appears to kill the 6000 on synth benchmarks like Sandra.

I also notice your biostar shows a 10 deg c difference in system temp vs cpu temp at startup.:screwy: How can that be, shouldn't they both be room temp?

As far as the temp thing I never really paid it any mind as to the fact that I don't trust temp sensors much what I did do was change my fan config and add more fans and this seemed to stabilize temps.
temps.JPG
Just took this snap the ambient room temp is about 80 as I am to cheap to turn on AC until I sweat:) I am doing compression and backups right now so this would be normal load.

As to the would it be worth it yes if you do a lot of encoding and graphics work as to games there is a slight difference in some but nothing major. As to all around usage YES I can see a difference and it is well worth it best AMD dual you can get right now and if you have no use for a quad or X3 then go for it as you will definitely benefit if you encode:)

Thanks for quick reply. For $60 it seems hard to beat. Glad I waited to watch your results first as it saved me a couple bux.:beer
Nice temps by the way, my 6000 runs in low 40s loaded so the AC Freezer works well.

Thanks for quick reply. For $60 it seems hard to beat. Glad I waited to watch your results first as it saved me a couple bux.:beer:

Watch the bios updates on that board and don't do it through windows use the USB key method. I just sent the one I did the testing on back (RMA) due to a bad bios flash.

I would say no , u know how many times AMD users make an argument of how Intel small performance increase is not worth added cost as u would not notice major difference , in this case its basically the same , i would wait out for 45 nm duals , as best option , with 7750 u will likely not notice an improvement even if it exists.

Watch the bios updates on that board and don't do it through windows use the USB key method. I just sent the one I did the testing on back (RMA) due to a bad bios flash.

Was the bad flash done through windows? I download it to usb mem stick on one computer and flash it onto new before os. Would never do it through windows and shouldn't need to reflash until I upgrade to Phenom as I blieve all X2 cpu are covered under this bios.

I believe the Phenoms are also covered in bios as that chip set was released to take advantage of the\work with tho original Phenom1 and the 7750 is a dual core Phenom1.

So was ur bad flash done through windows?

For me, the 7750BE is a nice upgrade to hold me over until the price of the Denab comes down. I want the unlocked multiplier, 95W and use of 1066mem. It may not be a huge step up but I'm sure it will show improvement for my system, though the 6000 is no slouch and easily purrs along at 3.3G it has quickly become old technology.

Last edited:
Yes I forgot to mention that and I meant to as that was the reason for my last post:)

I can run @ 3.5 stable but cooling is an issue. As far as the memory I was only looking at timings as to mem speed to do an all out comparison with real testing as I am sick of people playing down the effects of timings on this forum but that is another story. If I had 1066 @cas 4 or 5 it would definately round out this system I was actually looking at this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231195 and I might be able to get it down to 4 @ 1066 kind of doubt it though. As to the mem dividers all has been confirmoe by sandra and CPUZ I did have problems with my brizzy and memory speed but that was a cpu design issue I just bumped the link to run my memory at the proper speed.

As to why I ran it at 3 well it was my median clock as max nominal AMD recommended voltage.

As to your issues with the memory an it being a bottle neck that really only applies in synthetics and very few apps (if any) as stated earlier it is all about what you want to do with the system.

yea i was running into the same thing 667 mhz 4 x 1 gig runnin just under 800 with a cas 6 2.35v, switched to 2x2gig ddr 800 running a cas 5 at close to 1000Mhz (978) 2.1v major difference in performance, more Mhz, lower timings, running less voltage.

Started some more tests and tweaks with memory:
DDR2.JPG
I know this is a comp to caned results but I am very happy so far.

Going to try the Bus now to see how far I can go with these timings:cool:

Last edited:
I'm really excited to get mine now! I'd like to get lucky and see 3.4GHz stable on mine. Can I see some 3.2GHz Sandra numbers against a 6400+ and an E6600? Multimedia and Arithmetic please.

Check post #77 and I will also do a data search to find more info:attn:
these are 3.3
3.3.JPG

ManualOC5.JPG

DID not rerun these are canned but here they are. As you can see there is no camp to the E6600 @ stock.

These are for comparison:)

comp.JPG

these are 3.2
Red is 7750

3.2d.JPG

6600.JPG

Last edited:
dust the air off this.. now that these are down to 50-60$ i just got one in a trade and NICE gaming performance jump over my brissy @ 2.7 vs the 7750 stock.. min framerates went WAY up :cool:

LOL I'm convinced! Those benches are insane! Double the score in some tests!

Wow, Phenom is a lot faster than Athlon 64. I never knew! It's close to Core as well which is good enough for me :)

P2 is like, 0-5% faster per clock in some apps.

But for some reason, gaming at high res with settings up (ie real world gaming use), Phenom 2 often take top scores over C2Q and I7. It also basically always has the highest min framerate.

My good irl friend has a c2q system (3.2ghz extreme edition) with basically the exact same support hardware as mine. We even both run our chips at 3.6ghz. Its the lots of cache version c2q too.

Anyway we both agree games feel smoother on my box. His sys benches a bit higher at equal mhz but mine feels smoother.
The other aspect of his sys I dominate is memory bandwidth. Ph2's get every drop from hi-speed ddr2 =) Our ram is exactly the same gskill 1066 cas5, 4x2gb, and same speed (mid 900's). I bench 1-2gb/s more every time ;)

Last edited:
Well I've been on a 7750BE @ 3.2GHz for a while now and I can say the difference from Brisbane is sizable. It's almost 20% faster than my 5000+ BE at the same speed in a lot of benches. And my minimum FPS in all games, including Crysis, is way up. It's well worth the $60 it goes for on Newegg. I got it for my B-Day even so I didn't pay a cent XD

Dam I thought this thread was archived:) but since all of these 7750's are being bought maybe this thread can be helpful.

Back