• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT 512MB and a MAZE 4 works. cheap GPU cooling!!! pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, I am also another user to the 8800GT w/ced with a DD Maze4. I have slapped on some copper ramsinks, but they keep falling off because the thermaltape is just too weak, how do you guys prevent your ram sinks from falling off? (I've tried hot-glueing, but it falls off from the heat too).

get some good tape like sekisui 5760. be sure to clean off the ram chips really well. try not to touch either surfaces of the heatsinks and the ram when applying the tape. I don't like the superglue way especially if you want to reinstall the stock cooler for future sales/trades. there's a guy selling that tape in the classies but you'll need more posts to get in there.

btw, for the poster trying to sell his blocks on this thread beware a mod doesn't see your post...

Yes but it's only accessible after you've made 100 quality posts (i.e. in the hardware discussion forums and not Vendor/General Discussion) and so long as you use an ISP (not yahoo, MSN, gmail, etc) or military email address for your account.

btw, for the poster trying to sell his blocks on this thread beware a mod doesn't see your post...

just a innocent little statement. if a mod sees it and i get banned or loose my account so be it. plenty more forums out there.

just a innocent little statement. if a mod sees it and i get banned or loose my account so be it. plenty more forums out there.

that might be true but the people here are NOT ***** and are honest. thats why this forum is the best.

lets try to keep this on topic plz.

that might be true but the people here are NOT ***** and are honest. thats why this forum is the best.

lets try to keep this on topic plz.
QFT.

Hank, what tape/thermal adhesive are you using on them RAM sinks? Mine always fall off...

QFT.

Hank, what tape/thermal adhesive are you using on them RAM sinks? Mine always fall off...

i found that for the most part if you give em a good press they stay on. other than that arctic silver thermal adhesive owns. some people think its a pain in the *** to get them off but its not that bad. if ur using the sticky tape on the heat sinks make sure your ram is SUPER DUPER clean.

Back