• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT BIOS mod...success!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh and in nvflash, you shouldn't need to use "-5 -6", those settings will force the flash and any biosrom, which could be dangerous. Just "nvflash 1_1.rom" should be all you need

I had no idea what the flags did. I just have it written down from the online guide I found to flashing a while back. The guide was specific to modding the 8800GTS BIOS so that you could change the shader clock independent to the core clock. This was before the current crop of drivers allowed this to be done in software.

Good info! :beer:

Gonna do this asap tom morning when i can think properly, a little performance boost is always welcome.

hmm might have to do this as i think im hitting the limit at 730 core, funny thing is i raised the shader clock up from stock 1500 to 1625 aqnd go no extra marks in 3d06 !
was 11800 wtih stock shaer and ims till 11800 wiht the shader pushed up to 1625 !

So will this work fine on an unmodded SuperClocked too?

It should. I've read a few reports where cards came from the factory w/ 1.1v already set, but it still can't hurt to try!

The one's that came from the factory at 1.1v were hitting high clocks anyway.

Damnit, i need to buy a floppy drive...does anyone know how to easily make a bootable cd with nflash? I tried looking at some sites and had no luck. or maybe a usb stick if thats easier.

eh forget it, it's taking way too long to create a bootable cd with nflash, don't have the time. 100% fan doesn't help the cause much either, think i'll just wait until i buy an after market cooler and a floppy drive. otherwise, nice thread, bookmarked, will come back here after.

My quad helps a lot I'm sure.

A C2Q will score about 1200-1500 points higher in 3DM06 over a same clocked C2D. Almost all
of that increase is coming from the higher CPU scores the C2Q gives. It was so damn stupid that
FutureMark included the CPU scores in the total score of what is a graphics card benchmark!

Viper

You people dont have floppy drives? Come on now. =)

You just never know.

Just need to get a dedicated flash boot USB drive thats all. :) I have one around here somewhere just need to find it.

Floppy is otu the door, USB Flash drive FTW :)

Just need to get a dedicated flash boot USB drive thats all. :) I have one around here somewhere just need to find it.

Floppy is otu the door, USB Flash drive FTW :)

Or better still when you format your HD make C: a 2Gb DOS partition with DOS on it then install
Windows in a dual boot and flash from the hard drive. No need for floppies or bootable flash CD's.
I tri-boot myself with DOS, XP and ME-II.

Viper

Or better still when you format your HD make C: a 2Gb DOS partition with DOS on it then install
Windows in a dual boot and flash from the hard drive. No need for floppies or bootable flash CD's.
I tri-boot myself with DOS, XP and ME-II.

Viper

Hmmm intresting way you put that. I'd need another drive for that though since I have 2 Intel Matrix Raids going on my drive already.

Hmmm intresting way you put that. I'd need another drive for that though since I have 2 Intel Matrix Raids going on my drive already.

Gees with as much bios flashing as I do when modding cards I would be lost without DOS
and just doing it from the HD. I started out with DOS before Windows was even a dream
in Bill Gates head. I wouldn't be without it!

Viper

For anyone who wants an easy and extremely fast method for making a bootable usb drive, this place is it. Took me 5 mins, you do not need a floppy drive for this.

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

Just did it now, trying to find new max, temps went up a lot, but that was expected. Whats a reasonable temp, like 75, anything less than 80? i really don't wanna keep my fan at 100% to get it lower.

Last edited:
Back