• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KTA3 Voltage mod results!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

I did it and it worked. Phew that is the critical part (or is it?). I can confirm that the voltage mod listed on the motherboard reviews page is accurate and works well. I soldered a 4.7K pentonomiter on the two points and can now adjust the voltage from 1.75 - ?.??. I curently have it running at 2.0 volts. I did however run into problems. My CPU will NOT boot as the 1450mhz setting that it was booting at. I plan to take the HSF off tomorrow and reseat it even though the temps are only a little over what they were before. Does anyone think that I should up the voltage over 2.00 volts to boot higher than 1360 that I am at now? When I am done experimenting with reseating and setting higher voltages I am going to get water cooling and see how that helps. I also think my cheapo video card is playing a role in this as well. I will post my results on my experiments tomorrow. Lets hope I can get it back up and beyond 1450mhz.

Back