• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 pro problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Mudd]

ok heres the problem my friend bought i 9500 pro and i went to install it for him and got it installed and hes getting all kinds of problems like wavy refresh lines in the monitor looks like your looking at his monitor threw water lol and his control panel is acting up when you go to settings the advanced his monitor flickers then black bars flickers in and out then monitor goes black a sec then his control panel comes up then when you config stuff in there like aa it restarts his machine and all the settings go back to default whats the deal i spent hours trying to work this out

its on a fresh install of win2000 pro
and even using the ati cd that came with the card

i told him to return it for another one but he thinks he can fix it

recommendations??

Use the DVI connector with adapter. The DVI out has a different filtering circuit than the VGA, and using the DVI/VGA fixes it for for most.

From SirEric:
1) Make sure that the AC supply to the computer is identical to the monitor AC supply (same connector).

2) Try a filtered (or a non-filtered) AC supply for the computer & monitor.

3) Try removing all possible devices (floppy, all but main HD, PCI cards) to try to isolate which device could be injecting the noise.

4) Try a reputable brand name PSU with adequate power ratings.

I would suggest trying some or all the above. Of course, if this is too much work or doesn't fix the problem, try RMA'ing it (could be a bad card) or return the card -- We have no other solution at this time.

well i have tried using the the dvi it solves the wavy refresh problem but not the other problems also i shouldnt have to use the dvi

[Mudd] said:
well i have tried using the the dvi it solves the wavy refresh problem but not the other problems also i shouldnt have to use the dvi

Well, appaerntly you should. The problem is EMI from other components in the box that are not properly shielded. Also, make sure that the moniter and the computer are plugged into the same outlet, as EMI could also happen in the power line.

Make sure that any loose cables are pushed as far away fromt he vid card as possible.

If nothing solves it, I'd RMA the card, perhaps you got a bad one.

BTW- have you heard of a period or comma:)

Have you tried simply removing and then reinstalling the latest CATS, and make sure you have the proper control panel to go with them

well he returned it and no problems expect when we do clean install of windows the only1 that makes it threw installtion is 2000 pro xp wont finish the install do to the ati card are ati always this much of a problem to install i have never had this much of a problem installing any kind of hardware and i build my systems from scratch this is the second time i have had problem with an ati installtion?

If I understand your question (some periods or commas would be nice), they aren't that much trouble usually. I reinstalled XP pro no problem with my 9500 pro.

I think you should get the card RMA'd before you do something you can't reverse and be stuck with a messed Vid card.

Gerfey said:
If I understand your question (some periods or commas would be nice), they aren't that much trouble usually. I reinstalled XP pro no problem with my 9500 pro.

lol sorry.and to bafbrain he already returned the card..

Back