• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 for 200$ from reliable retailer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your froogle doesn't work either and I know why. The links you are posting are too long to be displayed so they are automatically shortened by the board. Fix the links by adding a title to the link(like my second link that says clock me). That should fix it right up :) .

its a nice find nontheless

i still found the page w/o the link - all you really need is the website: www.mwave.com and you can find it :D

now if only i had any money.... oh well by the time i start to make my pv this summer it should be EVEN cheaper! joy!

Mr. $T$ said:
it is a BBA so I think a quick BIOS flash will make it a pro.

Actually, another person and I have contacted their customer service dept. and they said it was a Sapphire card.

I wish there was more info on this card as to what kind of ram it has, im going to go check out some results, but if it turns out this is a good overclocker i may just do it.

Okay, it has 3.3ns Infineon ram.

Package came with driver cd, windvd 4, 4x4 evo2, and a game demo disk.

Included was dvi-vga adaptor, svido cable, composite cable and a svideo-composite adaptor.

Not bad for $199!

Mr. $T$ said:
8.31 on www.resellerratings.com so it is a legit company :)

I am serously thinking about getting one ;)

I used to order from mwave.com ALOT before Newegg was around and became top dog for PC parts .

They are a pretty good retailer as I never had any problems with Mwave and the serivce was always good .

Ive also been to Mwaves warehouse and its pretty darn BIG and well supplied .

$200 for the Sappire 9700 non pro (oem) is pretty good . I purchased one not long ago from Newegg (for xtra sys build) for $223+tax . It too came with 3.3ns memory .
(seems Newegg no longer carries the 9700 NP)

I also have a retail Sapphire 9700 Pro that came with 2.8 samsung mem .
Both cards work great . :D

*EDIT* made a mistake .
My Sapphire 9700 Pro has 2.38ns Samsung memory !

My .02

stereo555

Last edited:
Krowa 02 said:
Hrmm, 3.3ns, should overclock well right? Wasent there another np card that had 2.8?

Neither of my Sapphire cards are OC'ed (no need for me at this point)

The 3.3ns Infineon does not OC that well (compared to other mem) from what I've read in the ATI forums .
My Pro card with 2.8ns OC's well , has Ive have tried it with that card .
Yes there was a Sapphire 9700 NP out with 2.8 mem on it , then Sapphire went to the 3.3 stuff . Rumors say that the 2.8ns NP cards are still around , but VERY hard to find if at all (older stock).
There too is a 9700 NP card ( made by FIC or Powercolor) that has 3.6 mem on it that as been reported to OC quite well .

Check the ATI forums to get a better idea of what comes with what and which mem OC's better .

I need to correct the statement about the mem thats on my Sapphire 9700 Pro ; its got 2.38ns samsung. memory not 2.8ns :D (I just re-checked it right now)

stereo555

Last edited:
stereo555- common just find out what the max overclocks are. you know you want to ;)

Well, I've been having some fun here... memory only starts getting some light artifacts around 335. The core is apparently more than rage3dtweak can handle, I've taken it up as far as it can go. I just had it running 3dmark2k1 for quite a while at 373/333! This card is absolutely great, I hope if anyone decides to cash in on this $199 deal they get a card as good as mine.... (but not better!!! :mad: :p)

So isn't there a registry tweak or something to get rage3d to go higher... my core can take more speed!

Back